Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Dreuz95

Mouse and keyboard

It's funny that people are asking to bring a keyboard and mouse to the mix.  You want to play PUBG with a keyboard and mouse?  Play this game on PC.  Sorry you can't aim with the controller.  Maybe try adjusting your sensitivity.  You probably shouldn't be playing on level 8.  Even 5 is way to high for this game.  My tracking/scoping are set to 1 and it's pretty smooth.  Stop crying and learn to aim, yeah?

On 16/12/2017 at 3:21 PM, StayHl said:

How? KB+M is clearly how you play this game. There are to many controls to map on one controller. This is actually an issue with many games for console now.

Any proof Microsoft will allow KB+M in the near future? Unfortunately when they do, you won’t be able to plug in any old Kb+M I’m sure. You’ll have to get the fancy $100 Microsoft brand or at the very least a pointless adapter. Anyway for Microsoft to make another quick buck.

No this is a console port, so if using M&K why bother playing it on a console, you may as well go and buy a pc and play it on that. The game has been adapted with console controllers in mind. I'm not saying it wouldn't play better on a M&K but that's not the point, it's a console version to be played using console controllers PU have already confirmed they would not support the function and I think in the last patch prior to today's, they disabled keyboard functionality.

I disagree with a mouse and keyboard, after all it’s a console and by using a mouse and keyboard those who are PC competent will have a massive advantage over those using a controller

11 hours ago, xJudgeDredgex said:

No this is a console port, so if using M&K why bother playing it on a console, you may as well go and buy a pc and play it on that. The game has been adapted with console controllers in mind. I'm not saying it wouldn't play better on a M&K but that's not the point, it's a console version to be played using console controllers PU have already confirmed they would not support the function and I think in the last patch prior to today's, they disabled keyboard functionality.

I have a PC, I’ve played it on PC and it’s a lot of fun. More than on console currently. 

However playing by yourself is fun for only so long and playing with randoms can be well...random. 

Id prefer to play on console with all my friends who all own an Xbox like we agreed to purchase together so we can play together. 

Some people cant afford a $1000 PC to play this game properly. That’s why it’s great that many people can afford an OG Xbox one for EASILY less than $200 and have access to play this game...with their friends...

10 hours ago, Hutchables said:

I disagree with a mouse and keyboard, after all it’s a console and by using a mouse and keyboard those who are PC competent will have a massive advantage over those using a controller

A brand new retail controller costs $60. $40 if you’re lucky to find it on sale. A KB+M? You can easily find a combo deal online for $20. Is there a learning curve? Sure, but there’s a learning curve to any new game.

Also if KB+M players are so superior, then don’t worry about them. They place you in matches based on skill. 

Just for a reminder, I’m fully against the Xim4...I want full KB+M support so anyone with any KB+M or controller can play this game how they choose.

On 12/16/2017 at 8:22 AM, Bully said:

We no microsoft are brining native mouse and keyboard support to Xbox, although it will be down to the game developer to choose to implement it.  I would like to see it added to PUGB on Xbox.

No lol

If they add mouse support to this I hope it's easily detected and they keep mouse users on separate servers.

I believe that with aim assist added into the mix it would close that gap and make it equally competitive with the controller vs mouse an keyboard. Obviously a balanced aim assist would need to be implemented. Not talking bout gta auto lock, nor the zero aim assist in siege. Just find the balance with it. Keep it difficult but don't make it where the skill ceiling is too high without any aim assist. Playing pubg now. I consistently see people with cars towards the end just targeting people. This isn't h1. Should be much easier to clean these clowns up and make driving into smaller circles less common. The game still needs work as expected. Working on weaker hardware. I'm sure the devs will keep making it great for console.

the mouse and keyboard users you play with now would be at the same disadvantage playing against pc mouse and keyboard users. emulation is not native support.

of course there will be separated lobby if native mnk support drops. 

aim assist isn't to blame for lack of controller accuracy. the game is buggy af and has a 120 ms of input lag at its best right now. aim assist never has been needed by any shooter. the masses of fps shooter players have been trained to aim incorrectly for decades now and when a new game comes along with no aim assist it hits the majority hard. but most of those people will get better. it just takes time to drop a crutch you've been using for over ten years now.

43 minutes ago, fUll951 said:

it just takes time to drop a crutch you've been using for over ten years now.

Ten years??? CoD has been around longer then that!!!

5 hours ago, LtHitlis said:

Ten years??? CoD has been around longer then that!!!

sorry I was going for an average. some of us have been gaming since other forum members were a twinkle in their parents eyes. but very true my friend: aim assist has been tainting the aim of players for much longer than 10 years