Jump to content

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Dreuz95

Mouse and keyboard

Recommended Posts

I doubt it as it would bring a huge unbalance.. Lets face it aiming with a mouse is easy.. is they decide to do competitive tournaments like PC which im sure they will (there isnt a leader board for nothing)  it would be unbalanced...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We no microsoft are brining native mouse and keyboard support to Xbox, although it will be down to the game developer to choose to implement it.  I would like to see it added to PUGB on Xbox.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Definitely not, Like Bully said Microsoft are planning to add M+K support to Xbox, but it will be down to the developers as to whether the game is compatible with M+K, They really shouldn't add compatibility it would ruin this game on the console permanently.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, Chum Chum Porky said:

Definitely not, Like Bully said Microsoft are planning to add M+K support to Xbox, but it will be down to the developers as to whether the game is compatible with M+K, They really shouldn't add compatibility it would ruin this game on the console permanently.

How? KB+M is clearly how you play this game. There are to many controls to map on one controller. This is actually an issue with many games for console now.

Any proof Microsoft will allow KB+M in the near future? Unfortunately when they do, you won’t be able to plug in any old Kb+M I’m sure. You’ll have to get the fancy $100 Microsoft brand or at the very least a pointless adapter. Anyway for Microsoft to make another quick buck.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Some people are already using M&KB with the XIM4, it's obviously unofficial but I don't think xbox can detect people using it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
49 minutes ago, StayHl said:

How? KB+M is clearly how you play this game. There are to many controls to map on one controller. This is actually an issue with many games for console now.

Any proof Microsoft will allow KB+M in the near future? Unfortunately when they do, you won’t be able to plug in any old Kb+M I’m sure. You’ll have to get the fancy $100 Microsoft brand or at the very least a pointless adapter. Anyway for Microsoft to make another quick buck.

Not everyone is going to buy a K+M, which is extremely unfair to players who use controller as it's easier to aim with a Mouse than Analog Sticks, the controls do fit on the controller, only just however, and they could use some tweaking but there is definitely enough buttons.

http://www.gamesradar.com/xbox-one-keyboard-and-mouse-support-coming-soon-well-coach-developers-youve-got-to-think-about-your-multiplayer/

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, Frazer said:

Some people are already using M&KB with the XIM4, it's obviously unofficial but I don't think xbox can detect people using it.

If using it to just emulate a controller, apparently you won’t be banned but it’s still possible since your violating ToS

I think people get banned for it because you can download mods or essentially hacks to the product. Not certain about this but I know there are products like this. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Chum Chum Porky said:

Not everyone is going to buy a K+M, which is extremely unfair to players who use controller as it's easier to aim with a Mouse than Analog Sticks, the controls do fit on the controller, only just however, and they could use some tweaking but there is definitely enough buttons.

http://www.gamesradar.com/xbox-one-keyboard-and-mouse-support-coming-soon-well-coach-developers-youve-got-to-think-about-your-multiplayer/

That’s up to everyone if they want a M+KB or not. Also it’s still up to Microsoft and the individual game developer to allow it at all. If Microsoft and PUBG allow it, you bet I’ll be getting one. But not if they divide player bases. Not because I want an advantage over controllers, but I want an actual player base to play with, not half the size.

In my eyes plugging in any KB+M should work for Xbox. So when your controller breaks, are you really going to complain about getting one of the thousand different KB+Ms for less than $50 or groan about spending another $60 on the same controller for the 4th time.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, StayHl said:

That’s up to everyone if they want a M+KB or not. Also it’s still up to Microsoft and the individual game developer to allow it at all. If Microsoft and PUBG allow it, you bet I’ll be getting one. But not if they divide player bases. Not because I want an advantage over controllers, but I want an actual player base to play with, not half the size.

In my eyes plugging in any KB+M should work for Xbox. So when you’re Controller breaks, are you really going to complain about getting one of the thousand different KB+Ms for less than $50 or groan about spending another $60 on the same controller for the 4th time.

Some people prefer using a Controller than a K+M, plus you're assuming every game will be compatible with K+M, If they add K+M to console, they need to have separate servers, It's not fair to expect players to buy PUBG and then a K+M on top, just to have a chance at doing well.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It’s perfectly reasonable to tell people they can still play the game they paid for. But if you want to try another product, it’s actually cheaper than having to replace any controller you use right now...

And I said, it’s up to Microsoft and individual developers to determine what’s best for their game. I can only hope the games I want to use KB+M will allow me, and I will. I will not use a Xim or banned product though.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, StayHl said:

It’s perfectly reasonable to tell people they can still play the game they paid for. But if you want to try another product, it’s actually cheaper than having to replace any controller you use right now...

And I said, it’s up to Microsoft and individual developers to determine what’s best for their game. I can only hope the games I want to use KB+M will allow me, and I will. I will not use a Xim or banned product though.

Fair enough, everyone's allowed their opinion, I just really hope that they don't allow K+M or at least make it for separate servers.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

My understanding is, if Microsoft allow mouse and keyboard there will be servers for mouse and keyboard players and servers for controller players and possibly servers for both so you can choose.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I would love K+M to be implemented to the Xbox version of PUBG, I honestly don't think it will bring much unbalance because those who play Xbox are used to the controllers and not the K+M, Only those who play both would have advantages in my eyes. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, KINGSAMP said:

I would love K+M to be implemented to the Xbox version of PUBG, I honestly don't think it will bring much unbalance because those who play Xbox are used to the controllers and not the K+M, Only those who play both would have advantages in my eyes. 

Trust me, it would be so unbalanced, people can be so accurate with a mouse, anybody using a controller would get ruined.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

nope, that would ruin the game as poeple said before, and seperate the community. but for the record, xbox already has keyboard support, and in some games you can move around using it, but it has no mouse support. It should stay that way aswell.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I use a keyboard already, WASD keys working for walking Q E for Lean left or right Space for jumping, Y for prone and some others keys. Just the mouse isnt working. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I would like to see mouse and keyboard support.  separate lobby for those wanting to play with xim4 users only ? sure. cross play with pc? of course!

 

right now ps4 allows for cross play between pc and console on the Fortnite battle royal game mode and they support native mouse and keyboard.  no one complains about it until they be come aware of it. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 hours ago, StayHl said:

How? KB+M is clearly how you play this game. There are to many controls to map on one controller. This is actually an issue with many games for console now.

Any proof Microsoft will allow KB+M in the near future? Unfortunately when they do, you won’t be able to plug in any old Kb+M I’m sure. You’ll have to get the fancy $100 Microsoft brand or at the very least a pointless adapter. Anyway for Microsoft to make another quick buck.

because it is incredibly easy to point and shoot with a KB+M compared to a controller meaning to get any wins you would HAVE to use KB+M. If you want to use a KB+M stay on PC.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I find it really strange that pc players have the options to use any device of their choice to play games without getting grief,  they can use a controller, a joystick, mouse, keyboard, steering wheel or any other peripheral they want and that’s ok, so why can’t it be the same for console players.  I’m sure there a console players out there that can stand up to mouse and keyboard players and beat them.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
42 minutes ago, Bully said:

I find it really strange that pc players have the options to use any device of their choice to play games without getting grief,  they can use a controller, a joystick, mouse, keyboard, steering wheel or any other peripheral they want and that’s ok, so why can’t it be the same for console players.  I’m sure there a console players out there that can stand up to mouse and keyboard players and beat them.

PC players are free to choose because a KB+M is standard kit and is seen as the better option. so if someone wishes to use a controller they wont be at any sort of advantage unlike the opposite way round as a mouse is alot easier to control accurately than a stick that's protruding from a surface.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Bully said:

I find it really strange that pc players have the options to use any device of their choice to play games without getting grief,  they can use a controller, a joystick, mouse, keyboard, steering wheel or any other peripheral they want and that’s ok, so why can’t it be the same for console players.  I’m sure there a console players out there that can stand up to mouse and keyboard players and beat them.

How many players on PC will use a controller for shooters like Titanfall, Call of Duty or Battlefield?

You have maybe a lot of options on the PC, but it always comes down to the one you can compete and thats normally mouse and keyboard.

At consoles it would cause the same. But because it is not very comfortable to play with mouse and keyboard on the couch in front of a big TV, many players would stick with the controller or move to a tesk with a PC monitor. So you would have the skill players at their tesks and the normal players at their couches which won't have fun anymore with their games!

But if Microsoft support it officially, the Xbox would detect your input device and you could make exclusive M&K servers and exclusive controller servers.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/18/2017 at 3:01 AM, Bully said:

I find it really strange that pc players have the options to use any device of their choice to play games without getting grief,  they can use a controller, a joystick, mouse, keyboard, steering wheel or any other peripheral they want and that’s ok, so why can’t it be the same for console players.  I’m sure there a console players out there that can stand up to mouse and keyboard players and beat them.

That is because none of those options gives a player a clear advantage over a M/KB. You have no chance with a controller on console against a point n clicker. I believe I have already encountered one of the XiM players on console, I got annihilated in a car from across a field, he didnt miss a shot even with the distance and me moving quickly. It actually felt at the time like I has just switched on an insanity + mode against a computer.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

All the comments about bringing M/K to Consoles would ruin it. Sorry guys M/K have been on consoles since the original Xbox and Xbox 360 via devices like the XIM4. Did it ruin any of those games or consoles?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

×