Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

wizardO3

FPS update with SSD

Ok guys, did an "ultimate potato" FPS set up, to see if I can improve FPS specifically, while using a SanDisk ultra 2 SSD card to speed up loading times. Admittedly loading times did not change, but I think I am as fast as I can possibly get with the SSD. So if loading times is all your worried about, SSD. As for the frames per second, the results are indeed noticeable.

First off, my settings. Going into the settings menu, I turned everything off that I could {automatic background downloads/updates, Cortana, anything available}, next I unplugged the Kinect as it will allways be running when its plugged in, and lastly I set the video feed from the xbox to 720p, AS WELL AS TURNING OFF DVR/CAPTUREING......

I will fully admit, that on the original xbox one, there was a difference. But it was not something to make my heart race wildly. It was just "an improvement". So, if it is all that you care about, yes. Defiantly picked things up a bit.
HOWEVER I wish to point out that I had some serious crashing issues today. I don't know if it was due to pure luck, or if it was something I did to the settings, but I swear I crashed roughly 5 or 6 times in 5 hours. Today was the absolutely worst I have ever encountered.....possibly more people logging in due to the weekend? Dunno, but it was a hell of a lot more noticeable than the faster FPS.......If anyone out there would like to try this and see if they have crashing issues as well, my internet is only 20 download, 6 upload. Would like to see what you guys have to offer.

So I have Cortana and DVR turned off. And no Kinect plugged in. So I guess auto updates is the only thing left for me to turn off and to change my resolution to 720p. Hopefully that can help a little more. 

Seems I crash the most while in or driving a vehicle. Hopefully this is true and scares people away from playing bumper cars for the last 20 people. 

Guys, guys...please don't change your resolution or turn off your Game DVR, it doesn't help anything!

Why, because it is technically impossible! First to change the resolution in th Xbox settings only changes the resolution of the HDMI output. The native render resolution of the game isn't effected by this setting and will always stays the same. So if you change the output resolution of your One X to 720p, the X will still render in 4k and will downscale it afterwards to 720p. This doesn't help the performance at all!

To turn of Game DVR also won't have any effect on the performance! The Xbox have deticated RAM and CPU core for the system which can't be accessed by the game anyway. So to turn it off doesn't make the resources free for the game, it just stays reserved for the DVR.

To connect a SSD or stop background downloading can have an effect on loading times and texture pop-ups but not on the fps! The CPU is the issue here, not the GPU, HDD or RAM.

I believe when you are telling that you feel a performance gain after changing to your settings but its not the settings which change the performance it is just that performance various from match to match very strongly. Sometimes you land in a certain area and you have stable 30fps, then you land again in the same area and it is stuttering like hell. The performance depends probably on the players around you.

So just try to enjoy the game and don't hold yourself back from great features like Game DVR and native 4K!

5 hours ago, Battlecry said:

Guys, guys...please don't change your resolution or turn off your Game DVR, it doesn't help anything!

Glad I am not the only one who realizes all this. Even with my SDD it does nothing more than get me back in the game after a crash a few seconds faster. 

10 hours ago, Battlecry said:

Why, because it is technically impossible! First to change the resolution in th Xbox settings only changes the resolution of the HDMI output. The native render resolution of the game isn't effected by this setting and will always stays the same. So if you change the output resolution of your One X to 720p, the X will still render in 4k and will downscale it afterwards to 720p. This doesn't help the performance at all!

To turn of Game DVR also won't have any effect on the performance! The Xbox have deticated RAM and CPU core for the system which can't be accessed by the game anyway. So to turn it off doesn't make the resources free for the game, it just stays reserved for the DVR.

To connect a SSD or stop background downloading can have an effect on loading times and texture pop-ups but not on the fps! The CPU is the issue here, not the GPU, HDD or RAM.

I believe when you are telling that you feel a performance gain after changing to your settings but its not the settings which change the performance it is just that performance various from match to match very strongly. Sometimes you land in a certain area and you have stable 30fps, then you land again in the same area and it is stuttering like hell. The performance depends probably on the players around you.

So just try to enjoy the game and don't hold yourself back from great features like Game DVR and native 4K!

I can’t vouch for XB1X but on the XB1 there is an improvement with FPS stability when you turn off DVR. 

I went into a games, landing in the same area, alternating between DVR on and off, and it isn’t an insane difference, but it does help keep you at the 20-30 fps range.

Hahahaha why does everyone think a ssd will fix frame rate haha omg how can a solid state drive effect graphics :') they only effect load times and access to data :')

The entire problem is the ram and gpu in the xbox and unfortunately you can't change them. Theres too much going on in your game that you can't see that is causing these problems the game neds a error report system so we can send information back to pubg corp. 

On 12/17/2017 at 10:25 PM, Battlecry said:

That is downright ABSURD. The Xbox renders better at lower resolutions or else programmers haven't brains.

8 hours ago, GeneralZap1 said:

That is downright ABSURD. The Xbox renders better at lower resolutions or else programmers haven't brains.

Please get some basic knowledge about consoles! This happening already for years since Xbox 360 and PS3! You can't change the render resolution of the games. If you lowering the resolution the image will be downsampled if you you choose a higher resolution than the native render resolution the image will get upscaled.

So if you set your Xbox One X to 720p, PUBG will be still rendered in 4K and than downsampled to 720p! The FPS stays the same!

4 hours ago, Battlecry said:

Please get some basic knowledge about consoles! This happening already for years since Xbox 360 and PS3! You can't change the render resolution of the games. If you lowering the resolution the image will be downsampled if you you choose a higher resolution than the native render resolution the image will get upscaled.

So if you set your Xbox One X to 720p, PUBG will be still rendered in 4K and than downsampled to 720p! The FPS stays the same!

Sources, or that is absurd. We're utilizing Windows 10 Gaming OS; it should be more than capable of varying resolution, which, in fact, Halo 5 does on the FLY to the millisecond.