Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

B1GCountryII

More loot time!!

Would be nice to increase the loot time and beginning of game. Due to all the rendering issues and how slow it is to manage your inventory and gear it would be nice to have a little more timer before zone comes in.

It's called getting used to the game. I've played quite a few games now and looting is actually really easy now. You'll get used to it. In the mean time consider dropping into areas in the middle of the map, where the circle is less likely to screw you over, maybe go School or Pochinki, some where around there, where no matter what the first couple circles do, you're not going to get screwed over by it and have to run the entire length of the map. Or, just go Georgopol and don't even worry about the game, just loot forever, you'll get used to it pretty quick. Or just play like normal like I did, you'll get used to it over time.

I hate to say it, but I do agree with rekroar. Gotta get used to things. Looting will get easier with practice, you will start to recognize which attachments are useful, and others are useless. Which bullets you need, ect. ect. Heck, you will even spot the color of the ammo from across the room and figure out if you need a closer look, or just get to the next room. As for a safe place to go. Hate to say it, but roll the dice, or try something super small in the middle of the map.....Maybe a one warehouse in the middle of no where, or a simple farm house on the edge of a woods....I have noticed that many people refuse to fly to the edges of the island far far far away from the plane...I got lucky, but I had a whole ten minutes to loot from the power plant, even though the plane went waaaay north of it.....Just had to work the sky diving and parachuting in order to get there, but damn there was some mighty fine weapons....sks, akm, KaR......more or less, take a chance, go further than your comfort zone, and hope the zone works in your favor.

But always keep in mind the blue zone.

On 15/12/2017 at 1:43 AM, wizardO3 said:

I hate to say it, but I do agree with rekroar. Gotta get used to things. Looting will get easier with practice, you will start to recognize which attachments are useful, and others are useless. Which bullets you need, ect. ect. Heck, you will even spot the color of the ammo from across the room and figure out if you need a closer look, or just get to the next room. As for a safe place to go. Hate to say it, but roll the dice, or try something super small in the middle of the map.....Maybe a one warehouse in the middle of no where, or a simple farm house on the edge of a woods....I have noticed that many people refuse to fly to the edges of the island far far far away from the plane...I got lucky, but I had a whole ten minutes to loot from the power plant, even though the plane went waaaay north of it.....Just had to work the sky diving and parachuting in order to get there, but damn there was some mighty fine weapons....sks, akm, KaR......more or less, take a chance, go further than your comfort zone, and hope the zone works in your favor.

But always keep in mind the blue zone.

This.

Initially you just grab everything you can but soon realise there's no point carrying ammo for weapons you won't use. That realisation usually comes a few times after having left much needed first aid or drinks behind because you have no room in your back pack because you are carrying useless ammo. 

I often see people say they always head for the same 'safe bet' location for being in zone but I love exploring and often it allows you to put together a versatile kit before encountering any opponents.

Of course that all-conquering weaponary becomes totally redundant when you pump a clip into them with no damage and they one-hit  kill you but hey, it's early days and the game is still totally addictive.

When it come down to it the circle is random. There's no way to know where it is going to start. I have put 14 hours in and so far I havnt had that much of an issue with looting. It's was pretty tough the first couple of hours because I was learning the game, controlles, guns, ammo types, best spots for loot etc. But now that I know all of that it's been a lot easier looting. The whole point of the game is to be challenging and be a different experience every time. The point of the circle is to get players to scramble, loot fast, and get the game moving faster and keep the game from going stale and to prevent people from camping for to long. If you raise the time then people are going to just camp and the gameplay is going to get very slow and boring and is only going to frustrate player more when they die after looting for so long if the time got increased for every zone change. I think the more people play the faster they will get at looting. I think resources should go to stabilizing the game first and getting it optimized and running smoothly. This is a small issue that bluehole can fix later when the game is running a lot better.

17 hours ago, Snipewolf117 said:

When it come down to it the circle is random. There's no way to know where it is going to start. I have put 14 hours in and so far I havnt had that much of an issue with looting. It's was pretty tough the first couple of hours because I was learning the game, controlles, guns, ammo types, best spots for loot etc. But now that I know all of that it's been a lot easier looting. The whole point of the game is to be challenging and be a different experience every time. The point of the circle is to get players to scramble, loot fast, and get the game moving faster and keep the game from going stale and to prevent people from camping for to long. If you raise the time then people are going to just camp and the gameplay is going to get very slow and boring and is only going to frustrate player more when they die after looting for so long if the time got increased for every zone change. I think the more people play the faster they will get at looting. I think resources should go to stabilizing the game first and getting it optimized and running smoothly. This is a small issue that bluehole can fix later when the game is running a lot better.

Agreed. Got to get this thing running better first. Heck, by that time, most people will be used to it and it might not even be an issue anymore.

Don't necessarily think we need more time but the first circle should be larger. When your at the military base and that circle is in the northern most part of the map you have no time to loot and only have time to get a vehicle. And if you don't have a vehicle you're screwed at that distance.

Honestly ive played over 1000 hours on PC and getting close to 100 on xbox.. During the early days of PC testing the Circle times/speed has be optimized.. 

I highly doubt they will change it again considering they have even ran tournaments and have been happy with it.. Yes this is issues with rendering but that only lasts for a couple of seconds. I just jump around a little and then its fine..

This game is all about preparation for the end game... jumping somewhere completely remote is pointless unless you can guarantee there is a vehicle..

1 bit of advice ill give is the first 2 circles dont deal much damage.. if you can keep your self well stimulated (Redbull / Painkillers) you really can last a long time....

13 hours ago, papaleaf421 said:

Don't necessarily think we need more time but the first circle should be larger. When your at the military base and that circle is in the northern most part of the map you have no time to loot and only have time to get a vehicle. And if you don't have a vehicle you're screwed at that distance.

Thats a huge part of the game. Its a gamble where you drop in and thats just part of the whole make up of it. It can get under your skin but it keeps the game going id say

I agree it is a matter of getting used to the game, like anything the more you do it the easier it becomes but one issue I have been having that I am interested to know if any one else has experienced is the marker that shows your location on the map isnt always showing up for me so I have to guess and place markers and run towards them but have no idea how far I am from them. This has contributed to me dying outside the circle a few times as I thought I was closer than I actually was. Is anyone else having this problem?

@Snowy Ghost, yeah there has been a couple of times the best thing I have managed to get was a pistol before having to take off to make it to the next area, I almost felt like why bother until I found a guy too busy looking at his inventory to notice me lol.

Blue circle and safe zone timers are exactly the same on Xbox as they are on PC. Ever notice how some matches you seem to be able to load up well and others it’s hard to find even a pistol?  That’s odd.. me too... loot drops are random every match. If they lengthened this timer the average match time would exceed 20-30mins...

Let the devs focus on stability and frame rate optimization.

On 12/14/2017 at 2:18 PM, P'Roh said:

Definatly agree, also times before it decreases each time to 5 mins.

I've actually been able to loot super fast after watching a couple vids.

ive got some tips for you,

- always have a route you use in every loot spot.  This will allow you to remember where loot piles spawn.

- loot in first person if you are in a safe area

- use x to pick up big items that are not in a pile

- use menu to examine piles.  THE more you do this the more you will quickly recognize what you need.  I can literally open and close the menu and tell if the pile had anything I needed.  Ammo is color coded.  Sometimes I do recheck attachments.  

- DONT reload the gun if you are in a safe area

- and finally if you are in a safe area, don't pick up a gun that you are just going to drop the second you find an AR (a pistol, shotgun, etc etc...)