Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Teabaagsimus

Proximity Chat

Hello fellow PUBGoers,

I was wondering if there's a plan to introduce proximity chat to Xbox. Seeing some funny clips of PC game chatter which makes me feel like we're missing out!

Iv had so many encounters where I wish I could have said stuff. The fist fight that lasted for a whole blue circle would have been premium. xD

I hope it is soon. I cornered a guy at the military base, but instead of killing him, I shut the closet door and walked away......would have loved to hear his thoughts. xD

1 minute ago, Snowy Ghost said:

I could go a bit longer without the homophobic and racial slurs that insue after killing a player

Nothing like hearing someone raging while you loot him, though! Lol

I think it should force you out of party chat, I think that's one thing that killed the community on Xbox. Or if there are any other ideas know to get more players into game chat.

maaan.....really wish this was a thing. Sister sat on the back of some other dudes bike for 10 minutes while he drove around......we was losing it while he drove around aimlessly.

On 12/15/2017 at 1:01 PM, wizardO3 said:

Iv had so many encounters where I wish I could have said stuff. The fist fight that lasted for a whole blue circle would have been premium. xD

I had a similar experience but without a word being said we both agree'd we needed to go and loot or we were both dead so we jogged off in different directions xD

I just want to hide in the bathtub and shout out 'get out my bathroom!!' Like manny did! 

If anyone is wondering what I'm talking about, just search 'pubg get out my bathroom' on youtube :D

I think you'd have some pretty epic chat moments with other players, I also reckon there's going to be ALOT of annoying kids who don't think before they open their mouth.

Just now, Bumeyes said:

I think you'd have some pretty epic chat moments with other players, I also reckon there's going to be ALOT of annoying kids who don't think before they open their mouth.

I can't wait. The joy of looting some kid while he squakes foul language at mw down the mic, as I give him a good teabagging session will be more than enjoyable!

Is there in game chat in this game? If so is there something you need to do to be able to hear your team mates? People on here are saying yes they have spoken to team mates via in game chat but I always have to start a party chat to speak to people, can someone clear this up please?

Im not fussed about proximity chat but it does need the option to be turned off if it is ever implemented.

16 minutes ago, Jeff_Ess said:

Is there in game chat in this game? If so is there something you need to do to be able to hear your team mates? People on here are saying yes they have spoken to team mates via in game chat but I always have to start a party chat to speak to people, can someone clear this up please?

Im not fussed about proximity chat but it does need the option to be turned off if it is ever implemented.

When I first played the game I tried using team chat when I was in a random squad or duo. It showed my mixlc working in the corner of the screen but nobody replied but wasn't sure if it was because it hasn't worked or because the others didnt have mics. Since friends have got the game I've always been in a party and not thought about trying it with them.

WE NEED PROX CHAT!!!!! I just mistook a dude as a bush, ran out of the blue zone at a "getten away from the popo" speed and slammed myself down on the ground by a rock and this "bush" I thought it was, and accidentally slammed my level 3 helmet into the buttocks of some random dude xD I so needed prox chat.

On 12/20/2017 at 4:26 PM, Er1kr1984 said:

I think it should force you out of party chat, I think that's one thing that killed the community on Xbox. Or if there are any other ideas know to get more players into game chat.

Not flaming you just curious, if the game were to force you out of party chat, how would you coordinate with your team?  OR do you mean if you choose to have prox. chat on, you should not also be able to have party chat?

To be honest didn't think that far ahead. Not sure what the best would be for squads maybe proximity chat for up To 1 - 2 km

7 minutes ago, Er1kr1984 said:

To be honest didn't think that far ahead. Not sure what the best would be for squads maybe proximity chat for up To 1 - 2 km

If we are talking a full on realistic/RP server, yeah that would work but I feel like, with any game, if you are playing duo/squad, the only way to do this would be to have a PTT button set up but then where would you put it...this is why PC wins out...more keys for days!