tig3rba7m

Game crash: Megathread

PUBG_RoboDanjal

Hi all,

We're aware of some issues with your game crashing so I've made this megathread to collate the current threads. 

If you are posting that you're having this issue can you please let us know the following information: 

Which Xbox console are you using? 

When does the crash occur? (On launching the game, whilst matchmaking, whilst in the game, other (please specify)) 

What happens when you crash? Is there an error code, does it kick you to the dashboard, or do you go back to the main menu? 

Message added by PUBG_RoboDanjal

Im playing on xbox one x and while im playing the game it freezes and then goes back to my xbox home screen. I have to restart the game and when i do i start right back where i left off. But its impossible to play a single game. Can you please fix this problem so i can play again?

I’m using an xbox one s, just finished the most recent update and upon starting the game I get the black screen with the PlayerUnknowns BattleGrounds logo and then before it can load to the next screen I get kicked to the dashboard on my xbox. I’ve never had any issues with being kicked before until this most recent update. No error codes show. 

Edited by Tru3 hero

Xboxone S

Ever since the last update, which was on Tuesday. When I'm loading into a game, my controller vibrates then the game crashes unexpectedly... But I've figured out that it's only on the old map, not mirimar. I know this because when playing in squads the people I play with can tell me what map it was that I lagged out of. Mirimar works perfectly fine, no lag. But never once have I been able to play on the old map this week.You also can't rejoin the match, it won't let you. It says something like this, "wrong match prestate" then something else, I don't  Remember.This bug really makes the game difficult to play and should be fixed immediately. 

1 hour ago, HOGWILD 707 said:

Xboxone S

Ever since the last update, which was on Tuesday. When I'm loading into a game, my controller vibrates then the game crashes unexpectedly... But I've figured out that it's only on the old map, not mirimar. I know this because when playing in squads the people I play with can tell me what map it was that I lagged out of. Mirimar works perfectly fine, no lag. But never once have I been able to play on the old map this week.You also can't rejoin the match, it won't let you. It says something like this, "wrong match prestate" then something else, I don't  Remember.This bug really makes the game difficult to play and should be fixed immediately. 

100% spot on here i have one buddy who this happens to since the patch and we played for hours tonight every time we didn't get Mirimar he crashed and and his controller vibrated just like yours.

I have an Xbox one S and my game has been good since the last update; little slow on some load-ins, but has crashed 2 times now while I was riding a motorcycle. It kicks me to Xbox dashboard and I have to rejoin if I’m not dead from a crash or player kill. 

Since this latest update I’m completely unable to start a match in any game mode. I click start. It counts down then goes to black screen to load, and then the game crAshes to main menu every time. I open the game back up and it tries to get me to rejoin but then gives me the error “wrong matchstate pre-login: in progress” 

completely unable to play the game. Anyone else having this issue? 

XBOX ONE X

When does the crash occur? (On launching the game, whilst matchmaking, whilst in the game, other (please specify)) 

Crash occurs during the beginning of match. Every single time I try to land from parachuting. I will get to the point where I am just about to land and it freezes and crashes.

What happens when you crash? Is there an error code, does it kick you to the dashboard, or do you go back to the main menu?  

Game freezes. Then crashes to dashboard.

I have not been able to play a single match since update. 

• Like 1

On 8/2/2018 at 9:07 AM, FluxCapacitated said:

I am on 1st gen Xbox 1 and since the newest update my game will close on the title screen. It shows the title screen and has me click 'A' then crashes while loading the menu. This happens every time and I am unable to open the game. I am going to uninstall and reinstall which, hopefully, will do something but we shall see. Any other insight would be nice.

I have the same issue bro, cannot find a fix anywhere. 

• Like 1

The past few days I have been experiencing lots of crashes. There have been times where I'm in a vehicle, gun fights, even while just looting. There have been times where I load back into the game after a crash and it crashes instantly again. Also after a crash I have experienced I can't even load the match and I just get dashboarded while trying to get back continue match. I play on xbox one x. I have not had a problem with crashing for a while. I can't even remember when the last time was before these issues. Please Pubg and bluehole let's figure this out. I love this game and playing it. But last night it got to the point where I had to just turn my xbox off because it was unplayable. I was crashing every game I played. Some of them I crashed twice in.

I basically had the same issue, I just couldn’t get past the load screen to be able to hit ‘A’. I wasn’t getting any error codes tried doing restarts, and hard resets nothing worked. I then moved onto uninstalling and reinstalling the game and haven’t had a crash since.

On 6/7/2018 at 2:59 PM, MrMoistShocker said:

Hey everyone, I play on a Xbox One X and every time I try to load into any match my controller shakes for about 10 seconds and then my game crashes, no error or anything. But I can’t play at all, before that I had a glitch where it would only crash on the new map so I deleted the game and reinstalled it hoping it would fix the problem but now that I have it installed again it won’t even let me play at all. Anyone else having this problem? 

I have the same issue on the Xbox one X I have also re installed the game still I cannot even play for 1 single second 

I am using the original Xbox one, the crashes normally occur when I’m in the middle of a game and then when the game crashes it takes me back to the normal Xbox home screen and then I have to play something else or completely restart the game. When I do that I may get in one full game before it crashes again. So I and a I assume all the people with crashes on the Cbox please and I mean PLEASE FIX THE CRASHES. Thank you. 

I am literally dieing because of the network lag,

i mean in game, but this last update makes me want to scratch my eyeballs out.

i mean this is laughable

Ready for 1.0.....

Hahahaha, the game rubber bands so hard one suffering from whiplash. How the hell can it be ready for full release with some of the most major issues since launch.

network lag since the last update has been the most atrocious I’ve ever seen it, it’s more than unplayable some matches. And it’s so intermittent as a bug it’s mind blowing.

I know, I know.  It everyone is having problems, for some it’s never been better, and for some it’s never been worse. I personally have mixed feelings, the last update is nothing but a huge pile of steaming ???

that said, most of the update prior to this were in my opinion brilliant.

1 step forward and all that eh #fixpubg (that doesn’t just mean PC) which is pretty much what the website seems geared towards yet again ?

Original Xbox one

Happened end game near top 20 or so on squads. So we originally landed in yasnaya polyana. First circle was military base, so we went to ferry pier, grabbed a boat, and walked up some rocks mid military base (Simba rock). Running inland from there I crashed.

Straight to black screen to dashboard.

Squad mate crashed 5 minutes later soon as he died.

This was all on the new pts patch I think it was raining or at least cloudy that match.

Ever since they introduced the analogue movement, my game has started to crash again. I crash every single game, and I'm currently unable to play PUBG. The issue is critical, I have never crashed like this before, it's even worse than that stage where everybody was complaining about crashes. It is a 100% guaranteed that I will crash in a game. 

I have tried today the Test server, hoping for a solution, but it keeps crashing the same.

First update introducing analogue movement: My game would crash in Erangel 3 seconds after opening my parachute. In Miramar my game crashed about 7 to 10 minutes after landing. This crash could be consistently reproduced. 

Second update "polishing" analogue movement: I can parachute and land, but my game will crash, either on erangel or Miramar, mostly at about 7 to 12 minutes after landing (sometimes it crashes before or later). After I load in the game, if I decide to rejoin, I can see some polygons or lines going across the map, some things like hills or rocks are not were they are supposed to be, or I might see black floor. 

Test Server Aug 13th: my game crahes exactly the same as the current version of the original game. 

I play on Xbox One X, and have tried absolutely everything you can do with this game (reinstalled, cleared xbox cache, move to internal or external drive, transferred the game from other console, disabled 4K and/or HDR, etc) and nothing works. It is only PUBG I cannot play in my console. None of my friends, or even my brother have experienced this, and they play on Xbox one X or OG Xbox. 

Interestingly, the day the official patch is released, this crashes won't show up. It is on day 2 and so on, that crashes will manifest.

"Fix the game" campaign..... please, make it happen. I love this game, but cannot play it at all. 

Play Xbox X, NA server. No crashing for me or my teams. BUT noticed tonight in 3 games on live server in squads and duos that a car blazes past, crashes and the driver is still inside flooring the gas pedal. At first was confusing and then we just realized..easy kill, free loot, feels bad bro. So this seems to be effecting people driving as we haven’t run into any AFK’s outside of this. 

On 8/8/2018 at 1:29 PM, TSB Goose said:

XBOX ONE X

Crash occurs during the beginning of match. Every single time I try to land from parachuting. I will get to the point where I am just about to land and it freezes and crashes.

Game freezes. Then crashes to dashboard.

I have not been able to play a single match since update. 

Exactly what happened to me when they introduced analogue movement. I can tell you, there's nothing you can do, except wait for a patch. Currently, I keep crashing, even in the most recent test server.

12 hours ago, emnlvv said:

Exactly what happened to me when they introduced analogue movement. I can tell you, there's nothing you can do, except wait for a patch. Currently, I keep crashing, even in the most recent test server.

Have you guys tried to completely delete both games (core and PTS) hard reset the console by pushing and holding the xbox button on the front of the console and when its back up reinstall both games? I had this same issue with my X and that took care of it.

Worked for me

4 hours ago, Swangtheugly75 said:

Have you guys tried to completely delete both games (core and PTS) hard reset the console by pushing and holding the xbox button on the front of the console and when its back up reinstall both games? I had this same issue with my X and that took care of it.

On 8/15/2018 at 4:10 PM, TheDirtyZig said:

Worked for me

How many times did you try. I have done this like three times, and still crashing. I even restore to factory settings my xbox, and reinstall the game.

I have the game in an external hard drive, and it only crashes in my xbox. If I unplug it and use it in another console, it runs perfectly. Is my console I guess. 

25 minutes ago, emnlvv said:

How many times did you try. I have done this like three times, and still crashing. I even restore to factory settings my xbox, and reinstall the game.

I have the game in an external hard drive, and it only crashes in my xbox. If I unplug it and use it in another console, it runs perfectly. Is my console I guess. 

You may have a console issue. The hard reset needs to be done with the console on then push and hold the xbox button on the console till it powers off. Now wait 3 minutes and power it back on. This fixes a lot of issues with the xbox in general to the point where if you call xbox support they will tell you to do this. I will admit that when i first got my X i had Desync issues with my controller but with a quick hard reset i haven't had any since. Just remember that when trying the uninstall reinstall to do the hard reset between those two steps. Good luck and I hope to see you in game!!!!

On 8/17/2018 at 9:38 AM, Swangtheugly75 said:

You may have a console issue. The hard reset needs to be done with the console on then push and hold the xbox button on the console till it powers off. Now wait 3 minutes and power it back on. This fixes a lot of issues with the xbox in general to the point where if you call xbox support they will tell you to do this. I will admit that when i first got my X i had Desync issues with my controller but with a quick hard reset i haven't had any since. Just remember that when trying the uninstall reinstall to do the hard reset between those two steps. Good luck and I hope to see you in game!!!!

Thank you for your suggestion. I have already done this. My game crashes, once or twice per game. I'll have to wait for another patch I guess. Btw, I do also crash in the Test Server, exactly the same as I crash in the original game.

On 8/18/2018 at 7:08 PM, emnlvv said:

Thank you for your suggestion. I have already done this. My game crashes, once or twice per game. I'll have to wait for another patch I guess. Btw, I do also crash in the Test Server, exactly the same as I crash in the original game.

Are you running in 4K? I run my X on 1080 so it has the extra graphics processing power. I don't know if this actually does anything for the stability of the game... but I don't crash. I'll try experimenting with the X set to 4k output to see if it makes a difference. I have noticed issues with world rendering when downloading something in the background i.e. another game. I believe this is due to my external ssd being "busy" doing two things at once. Good luck and i'll post back tomorrow if there is a 4k difference.

Not a crash but had this happen on the test server... might as well have been a crash. Had to quit game and restart app to fix problem.

Specs:

Xbox one X (running in 1080 not 4K) my X is not a Scorpio 

wired connection

game installed on external toshiba 1tb ssd (about 4 years old)

wireless elite controller

PLAYERUNKNOWN’S BATTLEGROUNDS – Public Test Server (2).png