tig3rba7m

Game crash: Megathread

PUBG_RoboDanjal

Hi all,

We're aware of some issues with your game crashing so I've made this megathread to collate the current threads. 

If you are posting that you're having this issue can you please let us know the following information: 

Which Xbox console are you using? 

When does the crash occur? (On launching the game, whilst matchmaking, whilst in the game, other (please specify)) 

What happens when you crash? Is there an error code, does it kick you to the dashboard, or do you go back to the main menu? 

Message added by PUBG_RoboDanjal

I experienced the game crashing for the first time yesterday. I am on the xbox one, it happened in the middle of a game when I was driving a buggy. It asked me if I wanted to rejoin the game and I clicked yes and I waited about 2 minutes and got a "you are dead" screen.

Xbox One.  2 crashes to report. First a very consistent crash when riding in or driving in a UAZ. Happens about 50% of the time after entering vehicle and during movement in vehicle. Second happens rarely but often when entering buildings just a freeze and crash to home screen for both. Also landing on buildings second floors when they are still loading in glitches you through floors.

49 minutes ago, Ezellian said:

Xbox One.  2 crashes to report. First a very consistent crash when riding in or driving in a UAZ. Happens about 50% of the time after entering vehicle and during movement in vehicle. Second happens rarely but often when entering buildings just a freeze and crash to home screen for both. Also landing on buildings second floors when they are still loading in glitches you through floors.

Just crashed for the 8th time in 24 hours shooting at UAZ. Advise... Remove cars till your programmers actually fix it. I highly think there are errors in the vehicle code even when not driving.

• Haha 2

Are the game crashes ever going to stop? Im on a xbox one x and it doesnt crash for one game then the next it does and it repeats itself. Just wondering if this issue will ever be fixed and when?

I’m playing on an original XB1

Ive had around 10 crashes in about 20 matches. I’ve played probably 50% of my matches in squads, then 1/4 duos and 1/4 singles. So far I don’t think I’ve had a crash in singles, if I recall correctly they’ve all been in group matches.

All my crashes send me back to the XB1 dashboard, and I can rejoin my session after crashing.

Most crashes are happening when I’m in a vehicle, either passenger or driver. But I have also had a few crashes just running or looting. I also had 1 crash just spectating my squad.

Most of the crashes have happened for me with no warning or indication of lag or similar issue, but I have had a few crashes immediately after experiencing rubber band lag.  Many of the crashes start with audio glitching, then crash out to dashboard. No error codes or error messages

Riding at high speed in a vehicle causes the game to crash, also when parachuting down at the beginning of a match when you get close to landing (about 10-20ft above ground) the game will also crash.

Edited by Marxman
Got rid of useless info.

Console: Xbox One S

When does the crash occur: During the game

What happens when you crash: Kicked to xbox dashboard.

This happens approx. once every 3/4 games. Very annoying. Also get the occasional 'host closed connection' message which ends a game abruptly.

Console: Xbox One X

When does the crash occur: during the game, seems completely random. It’s happened even when Just picking things up, most recently when I picked up a compensator for an smg. Doesn’t happen nearly as often on the X though, standard and S consoles seem to have it much much worse.

what happens when you crash: game freezes, horrible noise, then kicked back to dash

On Xbox one. Game crashes straight to dashboard. Happens when driving or being a passenger in vehicle  (all so when watching in spectate mode and someone is driving or being a passenger).

Crashes when parachuing normally when close to the ground.

Crashes a few other times with nothing to note.

My game seems to crash more often then my other friends apart from one other who gets it just about as much as I do.

Hope it helps.

OG Xbox one

Crashes occasionally occur when im driving a vehicle.  It has crashed even when spectating a team member while they are driving a vehicle.

When game crashes, I get sent to the dashboard.

Edited by Woodrow03330

Most of the Time it kick me out if the game direct to the dashboard without error or anything and its happening when im in a vehicule, spectating my squad or loading texture in-game !!! 

Xbox One S 

Please make something cause this game us amazing keep up the good work !!!

Xbox One. Game crashes in the plane before dropping. After dropping out of the plane at varying heights. Whilst being a passenger or driver in a vehicle, regardless of it moving or not. Standing, crouched or laying prone in or out of a building. Walking, running, crawling, crouch walking or running at any time you join a match. Vaulting over an object. Shooting. Looting.

The game crashes no matter what your doing and sometimes crashes multiple times during a match.

What happens when it crashes is the game locks up on screen, gives that digitized stutter sound for roughly 5 seconds, and then closes the game to the home screen. Once starting the game back up and hearing your ridiculously LOUD music, and finally being able to press A to join back in the match, there’s a 90% chance your dead because it takes so long to load back in. At least a full minute and 30 seconds minimum. And that’s with my stupidly expensive fast internet. So it’s not a connection issue on the Player side, obviously from the game crashing.

Side note: The lag and rubber banding is on a scale I’ve never seen before in any game. When the plane flies over to deliver a loot drop or as some call it a care package, everyone randomly rubber bands through out the entire flight it takes over the map.

Also textures take a long while to load in, whilst some players characters never show until you stop driving a vehicle, even though they were only 10 feet from you as you drive up to and past them.

There’s at least 9 other people on my Xbox One friends list that play PUBG this has happened to a lot. So I hope this report helps you narrow what is going on.

Edited by Aesir

My Game crashes in the white loading screen, i have to restart the game 6 or more times to boot the game i re-download the game and the crashes in the white loading  screen are better but still frezes some times.

Anytime I happen to drive through chicken wire fence near the town of pochinki, I seem to crash. In general I crash randomly.-xbox one s is what I'm using.

Edited by Franky4fingerz0

Original Xbox one.

Below average framerate at all times .

Textures take extra long to load.

Riding in vehicle is about a 75% chance of game crashing. Although game will randomly crash once every 5 games or so.

Game crashes straight to Xbox dashboard with no error message. Allows you to log back in after a very long load time wait.

Xbox one x

fatal error message randomly on match selection screen

no in game kicks so far

might I suggest coding the November PC updates to Xbox instead of running the March PC build as a port... I get it takes time to code these files over but really getting the game optimization to the PC level should be the high priority right now. 

No im not expecting Miramar any time soon but some smoother FPS and decrease in lag sure would be swell.

thanks guys! Looking forward to Bluehole actually posting an Xbox update schedule one of these days... Weeks.... months.... years.... ever....

To everyone from xbox Post here to help and solve problems. Dont come here complaining about crashing when game in still in game preview. You can complain after it has been released. 

Help developers instead  with information so they can fix or try and narrow down problems. Anyway here is my information.

*************************************************************************NOTES************************************************************************************'

Client Version 0.5.23 Asia Servers - Xbox One (Day One Crappy Edition)

When does the crash occur? (On launching the game, whilst matchmaking, whilst in the game, other (please specify)) 

- Noticed that most of my crashes would happen as I am in a vehicle. Most of my friends, Xbox One and Xbox one S have same issue. We are in vehicle when game crashes. 

Other time's it would be just running along into a open field. Doing nothing different apart from running. 

What happens when you crash? Is there an error code, does it kick you to the dashboard, or do you go back to the main menu? 

There is no error code. We crash straight to desktop. Then we have to reload the whole game. 

*************************************************************************NOTES************************************************************************************'

Client Version 0.5.24 Ocenia Servers - Xbox One (Day One Crappy Edition)

- I didn't crash last night. My friend crashed but he was playing off wireless so ignore that. 

However the Oceania server was laggy. However textures loaded a lot faster than normal. Was still on the parachute when textures all loaded for me.

No crashes last night. 

Xbox system: S model 1 TB 

Crash occurs at random, but mostly when driving or during/after landing at the beginning.

Game just locks frame and Im instantly dashboarded. No messages. 

Edited by Shady Big Poppa

Original Xbox One

Crashed at least 40 to 50 times mostly when driving in cars, a large percentage of crashes have been in third person driving. If I am driving first person it will usually crash when getting out at my destination or when pulling up on a large city such as Georgopol.  Other crashes have been in regular play, while walking, running, or standing still. 

When the crash occurs, it either has a long or short glitch sound duration and will eventually turn to black screen and go back to the dashboard.

Im one the xbox one and my game crashes in most rounds, its always in the game and get booted straight to dashboard, i can handle low fps, rubber banding etc but this is a bit of a game killer! 

standard Xbox one. Game will crash and go to Xbox home screen . Game can be started back up, fairly quick and rejoin the match. (play mostly duo).

Very high chance of a game crash while driving long distance, high speed (uaz).

I've also had game crashes while sprinting/moving around, and parachuting in.

Happened to me 4 times in a row:

Start up the game, find a match. Match loads up, i jump off the plane, parachute opens. About 5 seconds after it opens, game freezes for aout 7 seconds, then closes and takes me to xbox dashboard