tig3rba7m

Game crash: Megathread

PUBG_RoboDanjal

Hi all,

We're aware of some issues with your game crashing so I've made this megathread to collate the current threads. 

If you are posting that you're having this issue can you please let us know the following information: 

Which Xbox console are you using? 

When does the crash occur? (On launching the game, whilst matchmaking, whilst in the game, other (please specify)) 

What happens when you crash? Is there an error code, does it kick you to the dashboard, or do you go back to the main menu? 

Message added by PUBG_RoboDanjal

Since the most recent update my game has run very smooth and I no longer crash to dashboard while in vehicles (or at all for that matter). Xbox one original. Prior to this update I crashed anytime I was in a vehicle travelling quickly. I think the game rendering was too much for my Xbox to handle. I also crashed every 1-3 games randomly. These problems seem to have been fixed. Other than temporary lag spikes in the beginning of matches, my game is running much better. 

I'm in Colorado, open NAT. 

Some of the guys I play with are having issues with the white screen issue and aren't playing because of it.

the game still crashes and sends me to xbox dashboard even after patch #4 , i got crash twice on foot and three times on a vehicle 
playing  on xbox one 

Even with the new patch installed the game crashes in vary moments, there isn't a specific moment. Sometimes during a gunfight, other times during a run, other times in a car, etc... The game suddently freeze and after a few seconds it takes me back on xbox home and close itself, if i open it immediatly it tells me that the match is still in progress if i want to re-join. I play on Xbox One X, open Nat and cable connection, from.Italy

Since the latest update, 

i cant get in a game without it crashing the second the count finishes. 

The waiting lobby area runs smooth, shooting, running, jumping and all other lobby mechanics are ok. The second the countdown ends. Horrendous noise. Game crash and taken to Xbox dashboard.

I’ve tried uninstalling and re installing the game. This has not made a positive impact. 

The same issues continue to re occur I now cannot play the game.  

Any advice on a fix? I’ve seen a few other threads on the forums with the same issue. 

Playing on on the Xbox one x. 

12 hours ago, H3x_cobra said:

Care to elaborate on what you mean.

Reading some of the comments made by Dev/s regarding common bugs and the response reading like the Dev is unaware sometimes of common bugs makes me thing that it runs alot smoother in HQ, so im throwing it out there that we may get better results with patches if the Team maybe tries to play the game away from HQ and may identify bugs and a better result when it comes to fixing the issue with first hand knowledge experiencing it.

1 hour ago, P3akofExcellent said:

Reading some of the comments made by Dev/s regarding common bugs and the response reading like the Dev is unaware sometimes of common bugs makes me thing that it runs alot smoother in HQ, so im throwing it out there that we may get better results with patches if the Team maybe tries to play the game away from HQ and may identify bugs and a better result when it comes to fixing the issue with first hand knowledge experiencing it.

Got ya yea maybe your right.

Which Xbox console are you using?  =OG Xbox

When does the crash occur? (On launching the game, whilst matchmaking, whilst in the game, other (please specify))  - It's mainly only when playing duo or squads now since the latest update, most of the time it's after landing on the island within the first 3 minutes of the game.

What happens when you crash? Is there an error code, does it kick you to the dashboard, or do you go back to the main menu? - No error code, sometimes I get the fatal error occurred but normally it's a return to the dashboard and reload the game, I do get the option of re-joining game in progress though.

I'm on an Xbox One X. connected to a TCL P605

My game "blackouts" 2-3 times in squad matches, 2 times duo match and 1-2 times per solo match.

It happens while in-game, my hole screen goes black except for all the overlays (map, health, settings menu, minimap, "blood marks from blue wall", all of those are still visible) and I can move around and hear everything just fine. I can interact with everything including getting into vehicles and can shoot no problem (blindly).

It typically happens when switching into inventory, or map view. I often see "green glitches" on my screen, like bright green lights or little green dots, which are a forewarning, next time i go into inventory or map mode, I will surely blackout.

Sometimes however it happens without warning and simply when more activity comes into play (like other players etc).

It really ruins the fun. Everytime I have to go to the xbox menu, quit and restart the game to get back into play.

Below is a link to a video of the latest example. Happened in the final circle with only 5 people alive.

https://1drv.ms/v/s!Aj1E7WLR6mITguNMW-bw-s7jeGBvyg

(you don't need to join onedrive to see it, see the link that says, "no thanks, continue to view" under the "login to onedrive" box.

Please please please tell me you guys can fix this!

XBox One S

Played 3-4 hours last night, Solo and Squad, both FPP-mode, and the game crashed twice during Squad FPP and once in a Solo match. The first crash in Squad FPP occurred while sprinting across a field, weapon put away, with two squadmates; screen turned black and was kicked to the XBox dashboard. My friends were both on One S models, and each crashed once themselves in about a two-hour period, and in similar circumstances. They reported that it seemed more likely when they were sprinting and pulling up their inventory or world map. The other crash in Squad FPP was during a gunfight with another squad 100+ meters away: There was a huge drop in framerate while exchanging fire, which would recover slightly after a few seconds, but then go right back in to lagging, and finally resulted in a crash that put me back out to the XBox dashboard. The Solo crash occurred while driving a Jeep across another field, which resulted in an audio-freeze as well, and then black-screen to the dashboard.

I have the same problems everyone on here does. Crashing every 2-3 rounds, sometimes multiple times in a round.  Even after the new update, 0.5.28, I have a ton of rubber banding and now I’m having lag issues in spite of a 100M fiber-to-Home internet connection.  I know my end is good. Just lagged in a solo round and was stuck in a Uaz Against a tree which made an easy kill for the sniper that took me out with a head shot while I was paralyzed. The lag is probably for a different thread though.

Original Xbox

When does the crash occur? (On launching the game, whilst matchmaking, whilst in the game, other (please specify)) 

Passenger on buggy , aiming in third person , crashes going down a hill

What happens when you crash? Is there an error code, does it kick you to the dashboard, or do you go back to the main menu? 

Straight boot from the game

Im playing on the regular Xbox 1 and it never fails that I crash while driving a vehicle, I get it’s early access and it’s going to crash, but I literally can barely ever drive a vehicle 100 yards without crashing and this is a HUGE problem considering the size of this map. If I don’t get lucky and end up in the first circle, I get a minute to loot then spend the rest of the time running like a madman ducking and dodging bullets trying to get to the circle. It’s really not even worth it. I feel like Every time you fix one issue another 10 arise, kind of hard to play a game when your chances of winning or even playing are significantly mitigated by the fact that you keep crashing or lagging through a match. I’m convinced I’ll never win a solo due to the fact I can’t complete a whole match without some kind of crash or glitch getting me killed. I can barely parachute, god forbid I even think about trying to drive to the circle, this game has so much potential but playing it right now is so nerve wrecking. How do you have 20 million+ players across both platforms, all assumingly paying 30 dollars a unit and your devs can barely produce a playable product...? 

On 1/9/2018 at 8:27 PM, burchie said:

I’m happy there was a patch but I swear I crash when I have my best loot in games, only to come back and be dead more than half of the time. FUCK

Agreed, it makes winning on your own near impossible.

I'm on Xbox  (fat) . PUBG crash sometimes in spectator mode, in car, or when i'm running. 2 crash in 2 hour today, after the update. Generaly, i crash 1/hour.

What happens when you crash? not error code. freeze or black screen, and go back on dashboard all the times.

After the most recent update, i got the black screen freeze once again at the worst time.. I was headed into the circle while in the blue and as i came to the edge i froze. I was havin a great game, just got a care package, 30 people alive, then i froze.. Rubber banding seems better right now but the buildings and equipment are still not loading in properly at the start. I cant land on roofs without the fear of falling through the building to my death. Please fix! Thank you

Edited by ToKillaGatsby

7 hours ago, TopFlame said:

Original Xbox

Passenger on buggy , aiming in third person , crashes going down a hill

Straight boot from the game

Xbox one assassins creed edition. It fails generally when traveling and it doesn’t matter if I’m driving, a passenger, spectating, it all fails the same. When it does fail it doesn’t throw a code of any kind; the screen just goes black and then it takes me back home to the Xbox menu. I can always restart and rejoin the game but at a decided disadvantage since I just lost 1 1/2-2 minutes of game play. A lot happens in 2 minutes on this game.

Which Xbox console are you using?  Xbox one

When does the crash occur? (On launching the game, whilst matchmaking, whilst in the game, other (please specify))  while in game lobby trying to launch

What happens when you crash? Is there an error code, does it kick you to the dashboard, or do you go back to the main menu?  Xbox fatal live error hard reset required. Occurred five times today 

#1 game in:

-People interested in playing the game

-Lagging out 

-xbox:fatal_xbox_live_error_system

PUBG should have charged the full $60 for the game and used the funds to finish the game to xbox community standards. Every update has us talking and keeps us coming back but man, you guys should really fix the core issues of the game. Millions of us are giving you months of our lives in the name of research here, make it happen!

That being said, here is how to win at PUBG:

-Buy and XBOX ONE X

-Hard-wire your internet connection

-Forget the vehicles

And past that all you have to do is confront the other 10 people in the lobby with a good connection. 

I have an Xbox One x and I’ve been playing since launch. Last night I installed the patch and played several hours problem free. Today however, my game is crashing up to every 30 seconds!! Many time my fist crash happens before I hit the ground. I will restart the game and it won’t be long until the next crash. I have tried reinstalling the game twice. Several system reboots. Nothing has solved it. I’m so frustrated... :( 

I have a Xbox one x. The crash occurs after the timer gets to one while in the waiting lobby. What the crash does is it freezes the screen ,but I can still move, and it crashes to the Xbox dash board. Their is no error code only a black screen. This has happened to me every time I try getting on to it. I have tryed reinstalling the game three times and none of the new updates help.

Playing on an Xbox s

crashed while driving a boat

and it crashed for a passenger also. 

We were going full speed looking for a place to hide and it crashed. 

Black screen and took me back to dashboard. 

Lastest patch installed 0.5.28

Edited by DisciplesOfAres