tig3rba7m

Game crash: Megathread

PUBG_RoboDanjal

Hi all,

We're aware of some issues with your game crashing so I've made this megathread to collate the current threads. 

If you are posting that you're having this issue can you please let us know the following information: 

Which Xbox console are you using? 

When does the crash occur? (On launching the game, whilst matchmaking, whilst in the game, other (please specify)) 

What happens when you crash? Is there an error code, does it kick you to the dashboard, or do you go back to the main menu? 

Message added by PUBG_RoboDanjal

I love the idea of this game, and while i understand and accept the game is in preview, so server lag, textures, fps, bugs and various other issues are to be expected, the game crashing almost EVERY game for a preview you have charged everyone for is unacceptable. it can be in any situation running, driving, makes horrible buzzing sound, freezes and kicks to main menu, this is on the xbox one. once or twice is frustrating but almost every game is a joke, plz fix asap so many of us can at least enjoy the good things about this game

• Like 2

I got 7 crashes after 50h+ since release. XBoxOneX here.

But, i play a lot of squad matches. The most of my teammates have an OG XBox or a XBox S and their game crashes EVERY (!!!) game.

So the most of my squad matches are no fun for me too, although i own a X  :S

I noticed another problem with these crashes.

After a crash, u don´t get your BATTLE POINTS.

EDIT: All crashes kicks us to dashboard.

Edited by iAmRadek

ahaha welp. just another post about my game crashing (23rd time since release). original xbox one. happened running across the field. even did it while i had a 15x with awm and fully kitted aug! AND it even threw me back to spawn island completely frozen instead of back in the game when i re joined which then lead to my death! thanks bluehole. 

Edited by Qkxr
missed detail

Xbone X

Happened Saturday on current 0.52.6 build playing squads and was opening a door had my first ever force close to dashboard 

signed back in and rejoined finished the match and signed off for a bit did a force shutdown on the unit to let it cool for a few hours.

upon reset it did the white death screen.

did a client restart and hasn’t happened since

great progress on patches so far guys! Let’s see if we can half the 1.0 time of the PC build!! Loving the game despite the ongoing banding and FPS issues ??❤️

Is this thread still active in terms of needing more anecdotal evidence to pinpoint the issue?  If you do need more examples or data please tell me how to provide it!  I'm rubber banding and crashing to dash like crazy in most matches, so can repro pretty much on demand ☹️  Happy to help support fixing this game if I can.  Very keen to play it properly.

Xbox one x

Crashed 3 times in quick succession after dropping at shooting range. Was playing duos and my buddy crashed once at the same time, in the same place. Straight to dashboard, no error message.

If it helps, I crashed everytime I went near the building at the north end of the range. I avoided it after the 3rd crash!

• Like 1

Em 12/12/2017 at 15:33, HECK EM ALL disse:

I’ve ran into an issue multiple times where I have crashed while being a passenger in a vehicle while going close to top speed. My friend also had the game crash while he was a passenger in my vehicle 

Same happened to me and a friend last night

Hi crashing in xbox one x. Crashes during mid game just randomly i could be running driving anything. No error code just takes me back to the xbox dashboard. Fix for this would be good. Sick of playing all the way to the final like 25 or something with team mates then crash as we about to get in a fight then come back and im dead. Cheers

• Like 1

Xbox one original

When does the crash occur? (On launching the game, whilst matchmaking, whilst in the game, other (please specify)) 

I’ve lagged out of about 30% of my games with almost 30 hours playtime. Most of the time it happens mid game, often times in a vehicle or while running. But I have lagged out while skydiving and laying in a field. So it has been inconsistent. 

What happens when you crash? Is there an error code, does it kick you to the dashboard, or do you go back to the main menu? 

There is no error code. The screen freezes and the sound stutters for about 10 seconds. Then the game closes and it kicks me to the dashboard. 

I just want to note that I absolutely love this game. I really like the challenge it brings to console. I look forward to this issue being fixed. 

Edited by Notaznlee

Hello, i'm on xbox one, i often freeze while i'm driving a car (specialy with the dacia) at mid-game. When i come back  successfuly in the game, my BP don't coast at the end. It's realy frustrating when you are top ten with some kill...  

I thought id input my two cents here to vent. This game has such potential that you guys are let slip through your fingers. As Xbox players continue to play the frustrations mount. I personally am tired of running and getting dash boarded. Driving and dash boarded. Spectating and getting dash boarded. It is UNREAL how you guys have YET to fix the issue where players are getting booted repeatedly. This is a major issue. And before you ask, no its not in a certain area. No its no while performing a certain function. Its everywhere on the map and its doing literally anything. I can't sneeze in this game without getting booted to my dash board. We have noticed a huge section that is always happens in is the shooting range. Please for the love of god tell your development team to address this. No patches or updates have fixed this yet and its pissing off the xbox world! Thank you.

• Like 1

Xbox One

It happens to me more times in the middle of the game, while running fast or while in a car. Most of the time while in a car, it happened to me like 3 times near shooting range.

A very disturbing sound, and then the game just close. No error, no message.

The last patch didn't work, you really should focus on that. I don't care much about frames at this stage, but spending time in a match looting and doing stuff for nothing. Its really discouraging, it just makes me quit the game ... I expected a lot more from you guys.

• Like 1

So I am having issues with being freezing/lagging and taken back to the PUBG home screen. It doesn't matter what I am doing. It has happened while I am parachuting in, while driving a vehicle, a passenger in a vehicle, running from point A to point B. It could be a solo, duo or squad match. It doesn't matter what I am doing. If I'm lucky, I'm still alive when I get back into the game. I believe this should be a priority when fixing bugs. The other bugs can be fixed as time goes on but this specific bug effects game play and is very frustrating. I understand this is a game that is still being worked on but seriously, this should be a priority fix!

I am using Xbox One. There isn't an action, events or anything that triggers this. I have even been dash boarded back to back. There is no error code and it kicks me back to Xbox dashboard where I have to basically start the game all over and then it asks me if I want to continue with current game.

Edited by TLP Malcontent
forgot info.
  • Like 1

Been having this issue since the purchase of the game about a month ago. After the latest update it hasn’t froze quite often but still continues to though. I am using a first gen XBOX game loaded to the internal HD. It mainly freezes mid game, typically when riding in a vehicle, although it does still freeze when on foot. There is no specific place where it freezes it chooses to do it randomly. It doesn’t give any error screen just freezes and kicks me out the game. 

Playing 1-man squad 

Original xbox

Just dropped in

Looting bunker east of shooting range- crash to home screen

Reconnected and took approximately 3 to 5 steps - crash to home screen

Reconnected and staring down the barrel of a shotgun.

Woooo!

Which Xbox console are you using? .

Day One Xbox One. 

When does the crash occur? (On launching the game, whilst matchmaking, whilst in the game, other (please specify)) .

Crash occurres dieing game play. 

What happens when you crash? Is there an error code, does it kick you to the dashboard, or do you go back to the main menu? .

Sound loop, screen freeze, then hard crash to the home screen. 

Other:

It happens more often in vehicles than on foot enough to mention. 

It happens most often when I pull a vehicle over next to another vehicle (like trading out an open top UAV for a hard top UAV along the road).

Similarities between crashes in my games lead me to believe it happens when other players are within the same large map square as me. 

I crash most in squad mode. I use an original xbox. 

When i crash my game either freezes and i have to quit to homescreen or i just auto black screen and then my home dashboard is opened up. Sometimes i cannot start the game after several attempts after a crash.

Also i have noticed it takes an extreme amount of extra time to load in when you havent died compared to if you crash and load in to spectate team mates. The amount of time it takes me to load in while i am still alive is upwards of a minute, while if i am spectating it takes only about 10-15 seconds.

Xbox One S

Crashes during heavy FPS drops. Primarily in larger cities when on foot when area is congested with buildings and lots of players.

Crashes while driving. Frames will drop drastically over time and will result in crash.

Crashes kick the game out completely and returns me to the Xbox dashboard.

During a crash the game freezes, any sounds will be stuck in a split second loop for the duration of the crash until finally the game closes out.

So with all our games crashing during battle and not receiving BP If we win, how are we going to be compensated? I've accumulated about 5k BP that I haven't received either by, winning a game or, coming in top 10 with multiple kills.  

• Like 1

I'm on original Xbox one I have a wired connection Comcast and I crash from time to time while parachuting down to the ground while inside first 5 minutes on the ground. And also while at the shooting range my crashes happen 3 times all within a 5 min period.