tig3rba7m

Game crash: Megathread

PUBG_RoboDanjal

Hi all,

We're aware of some issues with your game crashing so I've made this megathread to collate the current threads. 

If you are posting that you're having this issue can you please let us know the following information: 

Which Xbox console are you using? 

When does the crash occur? (On launching the game, whilst matchmaking, whilst in the game, other (please specify)) 

What happens when you crash? Is there an error code, does it kick you to the dashboard, or do you go back to the main menu? 

Message added by PUBG_RoboDanjal

I am on Xbox One X my problem is the game crashes while playing. Kicks me to dashboard restart game continue with match. Sometimes its once other its four to five time in a row. Restart try again.

Edited by Fujimo150

X1
Sound related crashes; often when reloading or something the game crashes whilst audio is "ZZZZZZZZZZZ"ing across my speakers, and the bug oft KEEPS booting me right after rejoining.
Kicks to Xbox presumably, but I am always trying to restart the game.

Using original xb1 with kinect with Game capture turned off. 

3 of 4 crashes involved being in a vehicle moving at low speed. Often after hitting rock, tree, or fence. Twice about to run someone over. Game froze, gave an annoying rapid click/whirr sound then crash to dashboard with no error code. Often the console's fan would also kick into overdrive afterwards. Able to sometimes jump back into same game if not dead.

Using original Xbox one. Game crashes appear to be random. The game will freeze and then I'm back on my home screen. It takes about 5 minutes to reload the game so I'm usually dead when I come back. Sometimes it will happen again almost immediately. Then it's impossible to join because I get the connection error. Seems to almost always happen during my second or third game of the night. 

Im using just a regular xbox one, and no matter what i do whether it be running walking laying down driving my game will completely freeze then crash. It will redirect me to the xbox dashboard having to load the game up again and by then either the zone kills me or another player does

Hi, always crashes on xbox one s and also xbox one x, not in matchmaking usually happens when driving in a vehicle, when there is a lot of buildings around and happens alot in military.  Takes you back to lobby and gives you choice of going back into the same game and it takes a while to get back into it.

Normal Xbox one 

It crashes anytime it wants but most crashes are when driving a car 

It kicks us off the game when game crashes all the time plz fix

Me and my friends find that if we drop into the northern area ie. Shooting range and serverny there's a 100 % chance one or all of us will crash. The same using the bridges out of the military base island in a vehicle (uaz). The consoles we use or the original and X. Other areas are at random.

the crashes are constant I was lucky n only had 4 crashes since release but the last few days I've had 5-8 crashes a day 

So I have played 3 games in a row now on my Xbox one and got around 50 ppl left and the game freezers and makes an annoying noise and then close the software and returns me to the dashboard

I play on the OG XB1. When I crash I am usually driving on riding in a vehicle. When I crash the screen freezes and there's audio jittering. Sometimes though, it'll take me straight to the dashboard. Usually lets me join back but there were a few times it wouldn't give me the option to.

Original Xbox one.  North America servers. Crashing happens always in game. RUBBER BANDING IS TERRIBLE. Game makes loud whirring sound, after 10-20 seconds back to the dashboard. 

I use the Xbox one of the dayone, the biggest crashes happen when there is an overload of textures to load in a short time (example: when I'm on vehicles, when I'm in a big city or when there's a big fight between people), and at the time of the crash brings me back to the console dashboard losing time and effort that maybe I was putting to then restart the game and re-enter after long loads in unusual situations.
I ask you to solve this as soon as possible because it is a wonderful game that does not deserve this treatment.

When it crashes on me it first locks up. Then exits the game back to the menu. I have to reload into the game and then reliad into the match. It is pretty random when it happens. Could be early on , could be middle of the game. Sometimes when im on a bike or in a vehicle...

Game crashing at Shooting Range. Noticed this on Xbox One X after the latest patch. My game always crashes within minutes of landing at Shooting Range. This is also happening to 3 friends. One of them is using an old version Xbox One. The game freezes suddenly and forces close to dashboard. There is no error code displayed or any other activity.

My game crashes almost every other game. Its unbearable to play and its really frustrating. I understand that the game is a “preview” but a preview is supposed to function properly and have some gameplay bugs, not as severe as being dashboarded consistently. It can happen at any time, I have been standing still and its crashed before. My friend’s game has crashed and about a minute after he loaded back in, it crashed again. Also, I have crashed numerous times when spectating a friend and his game crashes at the same time. It is absolutely ridiculous that this game was released in this game breaking state. I am thankful that i can load back in but most of the time i die because it takes too long to load in. I dont care much about texture glitches just fix the crashing glitch ASAP.

• Like 1

I'm using the Xbox One X.

Frequency of crashes seem to be about once every 7-8 games.

Time of crash has always been in the middle of the game for me. I feel as though it happens during times where something interesting is happening, what I mean is it seems like times where I am walking into a wall or driving into objects or taking the first shot in a gun fight are the most common times where the game crashes.

When the crashes occur they 100% of the time take me to my xbox home screen and I have to relaunch the game and go back through the start menu to rejoin. 

For reference I have 32 hours of play time currently and have had more crashes than I can count on both hands (no flame, just info for the team) :) hope this helps.

Edit1: Also, I play squads with friends with standard xbox ones who seem to crash more frequently than I, for them they fear fast car rides will cause them to crash.

Edited by DHG Kombatantz

Which Xbox console are you using? 

Xbox one

When does the crash occur? (On launching the game, whilst matchmaking, whilst in the game, other (please specify)) 

Every game I have played today I have crashed just as I was about to land from my parachute

What happens when you crash? Is there an error code, does it kick you to the dashboard, or do you go back to the main menu? 

Screen freezes for about 5 seconds with a loud noise and kicks me to the dashboard

This has come to the point where I will not play the game until it is patched, it is currently unplayable in this state. 

• Like 1

I'm using the first Xbox one that came out. The crashing happens when there is around 20 - 30 players left. When it crashes the game freezes for about 10 seconds then brings me to the Xbox dashboard then I start the game back up and rejoin. The whole process takes a little more than 2 minutes which is a long time considering  how far in the game i am and how small the circle is. The game doesn't give me an error code.

Original Xbox One. Yet another crash just after I had looted a crate and got a M249 and a gillie suit! The game actually crashed again as I was loading in again after crashing! The game has become toxic to play because of the constant crashes! The game maybe a "preview" but in no way should this game have been released in this state! Reprehensible!

• Like 1