tig3rba7m

Game crash: Megathread

PUBG_RoboDanjal

Hi all,

We're aware of some issues with your game crashing so I've made this megathread to collate the current threads. 

If you are posting that you're having this issue can you please let us know the following information: 

Which Xbox console are you using? 

When does the crash occur? (On launching the game, whilst matchmaking, whilst in the game, other (please specify)) 

What happens when you crash? Is there an error code, does it kick you to the dashboard, or do you go back to the main menu? 

Message added by PUBG_RoboDanjal

Game console: Xbox one S

Game crashes are an everyday thing for me, and will crash while driving (most of the time.)

Once the game crashes I get sent to home screen.

Edited by TrippnshrOoms88
Additional information

Again kicked to Xbox menu during I was driving. And I died...not good for my stats. Xbox day one. I don’t understand why they didn’t fix this with first patch. I mean this is a huge buttfucked issue. 

• Like 1

I have been playing for a few days now with a group of 4 total. All wireless within 4 feet of the router. 3 people on Xbox one and 1 person on the Xbox One S. All of us have had almost constant game crashes which never provide a crash code. They will trigger at various times with no real recognizable pattern. Sometimes it will be while driving or as a passenger. Other times it will happen while landing from the plane, running, standing still, spectating... 

Hope this helps. This game will be the absolute best when the bugs and performance issues are patched up a bit. 

• Like 1

Hey, new high, 5 game crashes in one game and still got to top ten. I am getting concerned by the fact that the xbox sounds like a jet engine takin of everytime I reopen the game after crash.

fully understand the games still months behind the PC build and you devs have got to use black magic to get this to run on such low specs, wish you luck but I'll be playing something else for a few months till there's a build out there that doesn't cause me to scream and wake my entire neighbourhood up every 15mins from crashes, frame drops, latency, frame pacing gone wild and marshmallow buildings that don't render in for 20secs after you land.

great game concept but just a concept on console right now.

much love and good luck

• Like 1

On og xb1

Crashed while running into safe zone on foot. 

Crashed to home screen.

Reconnected to server.

Crashed again to homescreen while loading in. Never actually saw my character but heard the footfall that you get just before you load in.

Reconnected again. It actually loaded this time, but i was outside the zone and died.

On og xb1

Crashed to home screen.

Reconnected to server.

Crashed again to homescreen while loading in. Never actually saw my character but heard the footfall that you get just before you load in.

Reconnected again. It actually loaded this time, but i was outside the zone and died.

Actually seems worse after latest patch. I used to only crash while in vehicles. Now i crash while on foot, and twice while in the top 20. 

Play for 20 minutes to get into the top few, then just get crashes out to home. Getting close to my threshold of what is acceptable for game preview. 

Game just buzzes really loud and kicks me back to my dashboard. Seems to happen really far into game, like when I have all my shit together getting kills and about to get into top 10. So it's really frustrating when my guy takes off running through the smallest circles only to get killed while I have to restart.. xbox one, no error codes, 

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, RevBeard said:

On og xb1

Crashed to home screen.

Reconnected to server.

Actually seems worse after latest patch. I used to only crash while in vehicles. Now i crash while on foot, and twice while in the top 20. 

Play for 20 minutes to get into the top few, then just get crashes out to home. Getting close to my threshold of what is acceptable for game preview. 

Agree! Can't preview a game you can't finish w/out crashing!

6 minutes ago, MultpleTooth18 said:

Agree! Can't preview a game you can't finish w/out crashing!

Just played one more game. Made it to 28. Crash while on foot.

22 minutes ago, RevBeard said:

Just played one more game. Made it to 28. Crash while on foot.

I find the silencer for my m416 (fav setup) once every 3-4 games only to find it last time and crash while on foot w 18 players left and the smallest circle. I'm sure 10 of the players were like "look at this idiot, running through the middle of the circle all foot heavy" before they killed me. 

crashes 3 times in one match while driving at top speed. using the base xbox one. there’s also major texture issues!! can’t believe this is $35. sure it’s early access but it is literally a broken game. it’s not even half a game. the current issues right now are game breaking. 

• Like 1

Original Xbox One

I have had the game for a good 3 days now and almost every game my game freezes and throws me to my Xbox home screen, no error code is displayed and not only that but this is very annoying. Please get this fixed.

Original XBOX One and also XBOX One X I play on either but it doesn't seem to matter for this issue:

Adding to the pile here: Sometimes I can play a few games with no issues and sometimes the game randomly freezes and crashes me back to the Xbox Home screen. I've had it happen once every game, sometimes 2 or 3 times a game, but also sometimes none. When the game freezes its usually for about 5-10 seconds worth of a frozen game screen with an explosion of whatever sound(s) were happening before it exits to the Xbox Home Screen. This has only ever occurred in game and not until I've at least (or about to) land from parachuting in. It's random, as in, it happens during parachute landing, or while running, or while standing, or shooting, swimming.. etc.. etc.. you name it. It takes seemingly FOREVER of staring at a black loading screen to finally get back into the game too! Then you finally do and either you're dead.. or you've lost a LOT of time to get your looting on or in finding good map position.

WE PAID $30.00 USD FOR THIS!!! I expect the game to work as intended then!! If this isn't fixed within 2 weeks.. I'm getting my money back.. or else.

~Storm

I'm on Xbox one x and it crashes every time Im about to leave the pre game lobby and get on to the plain, it crashes and sends me back to the Xbox dashboard

39 minutes ago, Stormwalker said:

Original XBOX One and also XBOX One X I play on either but it doesn't seem to matter for this issue:

Adding to the pile here: Sometimes I can play a few games with no issues and sometimes the game randomly freezes and crashes me back to the Xbox Home screen. I've had it happen once every game, sometimes 2 or 3 times a game, but also sometimes none. When the game freezes its usually for about 5-10 seconds worth of a frozen game screen with an explosion of whatever sound(s) were happening before it exits to the Xbox Home Screen. This has only ever occurred in game and not until I've at least (or about to) land from parachuting in. It's random, as in, it happens during parachute landing, or while running, or while standing, or shooting, swimming.. etc.. etc.. you name it. It takes seemingly FOREVER of staring at a black loading screen to finally get back into the game too! Then you finally do and either you're dead.. or you've lost a LOT of time to get your looting on or in finding good map position.

WE PAID $30.00 USD FOR THIS!!! I expect the game to work as intended then!! If this isn't fixed within 2 weeks.. I'm getting my money back.. or else.

~Storm

Storm, chill out! You paid $30 for a game that is working as best as it can at the moment and you was warned that there are bugs etc by the fact it's a game preview! There will be issues for months and months to come, but for each day that goes by the development team are able to continue their great work!

(I'm also interested in the final 'or else'..... Or else what!? Lol)

I'll throw in my two cents and see if it helps.

Playing on Xbox One original, normally I only crash once or twice a day (usually mid-game running through a field as I avoid vehicles entirely) but today 12/26/17 I have crashed 4 times in a row whilst landing with a hard reset in between each game. Have tried every game mode and it won't stop crashing. No error code, just immediate black screen. Going to put it down until it gets another patch. 

15 minutes ago, 5581daniel said:

Storm, chill out! You paid $30 for a game that is working as best as it can at the moment and you was warned that there are bugs etc by the fact it's a game preview! There will be issues for months and months to come, but for each day that goes by the development team are able to continue their great work!

(I'm also interested in the final 'or else'..... Or else what!? Lol)

Lol so many people completely look over the fact that they purchased a game preview. I will never understand them

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

xbox one

was driving full speed up a small hill that launched me into the air through some trees and game crashed mid air.

sent me to the dash board no error codes

Edited by Procise

Still crashing every other game and some times twice a game on my 1s... Same with everyone one else I play with during squads. Getting kind of old. Hurry with the next 5gb patch that fixes nothing 

• Haha 1