Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

LithosMike

Controller Dead Zone Setting

Just as a possible assist to people struggling with aim. Try setting your general sensitivity to very low (0 or 1). And setting your controller dead zone to 0. Obviously if you're used to a high sensitivity, you may not like this one, but I say give it a try. Most engagements here are medium to long range. CQC is usually in a building corridor where again, you don't need to pull a 180 in 0.1 seconds. 

If you don't know what the dead zone setting is, the dead zone is a circle around the resting center point of your controller joystick that won't register on screen. 

I set the controller dead zone to 0 and I think aiming feels much more fluid. I have found that you can much more easily adjust your aim that little sliver to land a headshot if you know the cross hair moves exactly when you move the joy stick and not at some unknown distance from center. 

Happy aiming!

1 hour ago, Northdistortion said:

MY problem is the acceleration. Its too high...when i press to the side my aiming reticle starts moving so fast

I think I'm misunderstanding you. That doesn't sound like an aim acceleration issue. It sounds like a sensitivity issue. 

If you have a problem with acceleration, the cross hair moves too slowly at the start and then exponentially (or in a linear fashion) excelerates how fast it moves until it hits the peak movement speed. 

1 hour ago, wizardO3 said:

I will try this, not too sure what it was exactly.

Let me know what ya think. It may help people with low general sensitivity settings most. Not sure if it'll make aiming harder if you like high sensitivity. 

5 hours ago, LithosMike said:

I think I'm misunderstanding you. That doesn't sound like an aim acceleration issue. It sounds like a sensitivity issue. 

If you have a problem with acceleration, the cross hair moves too slowly at the start and then exponentially (or in a linear fashion) excelerates how fast it moves until it hits the peak movement speed. 

Its acceleration..

Aim acceleration is how fast your viewmodel (or just think of your POV) will increase in speed depending on the thumbstick position (it works differently than it does on a PC shooter because a mouse and a thumbstick controller have different mechanics).

The difference between aim acceleration and sensitivity is that sensitivity is how fast your screen (POV) moves at a certain thumbstick position, and aim acceleration is how fast that speed increases as you hold the thumbstick still. You may need to wrap your head around it but consider the following:

so the problem is acceleration..i know the difference

8 hours ago, Northdistortion said:

MY problem is the acceleration. Its too high...when i press to the side my aiming reticle starts moving so fast

Yea, I think there is acceleration, too. If true, hope they give an option to turn it off,

53 minutes ago, bigtuna69 said:

the way the fame-rate dropping on xbox one and xbox one x, doesn't matter. they need to fix the fame-rate first. 

They can do more than one thing at once... It's a pretty big development team.

3 hours ago, Northdistortion said:

Its acceleration..

Aim acceleration is how fast your viewmodel (or just think of your POV) will increase in speed depending on the thumbstick position (it works differently than it does on a PC shooter because a mouse and a thumbstick controller have different mechanics).

The difference between aim acceleration and sensitivity is that sensitivity is how fast your screen (POV) moves at a certain thumbstick position, and aim acceleration is how fast that speed increases as you hold the thumbstick still. You may need to wrap your head around it but consider the following:

so the problem is acceleration..i know the difference

I'm not trying to insult you... I said I think I'm misunderstanding you. 

From your original text, you simply said the cursor starts moving too fast. I read that as your crosshair's speed is too high, which wouldn't be acceleration.  

Holy bajeevus! Well, the aiming sure as hell went to high performance. Had to turn it back down a bit. xD

Can anyone help me with my Xbox deadzone settings it seems regardless how much I play with these settings I can’t find a comfort zone my overall sensitivity is at 5 which is pretty comfy for me but the second a Gunn fight breaks out it seems my targeting is to fast and the ADS is to slow but accelerates to fast and seems a little to touchy was wondering if anyone had an idea to help..  

On 12/14/2017 at 10:05 PM, Northdistortion said:

Its acceleration that screwing up aiming. We need to be able to adjust it

You can adjust it.