Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

TheDogg

Aim Acceleration

17 minutes ago, DemIsE4 said:

Yes, I have tried different settings for dead zone and sensitivity and nothing helps.  I didn't know anything about aim acceleration before but looking into it makes me think this is the culprit. Almost impossible to hit a strafing target because your cross hairs move so drastically.  Also need a different color for the cross hairs.  Mine are invisible most of the time.  I think these two things would really help the shooting.  I mean people are driving in cars the final circles to get kills which is ridiculous.  Looks like I am in a car show.  I can live with the other issues in the game but if these continue I will not be playing this game. Shooting is extremely important and extremely broken in this.  I didn't expect perfection but did expect it to be more polished than this.  

I actually was watching some youtube videos to see if anyone had pointers and just saw what you mentioned, a final circle with 6 vehicles driving around waiting for someone to get out to run them over.  Pretty sure that's not what the developers had in mind.  I realize the game is in preview right now but hopefully this is one of the first things they address in a patch.   

Agreed the aim acceleration(or whatever you want to call it) needs to be optional. Also I'll say no to aim assist.

17 hours ago, TheDogg said:

@seanyne I don’t know, Battlefield 1 calls this «Stick aiming acceleration». Would you prefer if we all started to call it this, or is it enough if we just calls it «acceleration» like you do? :-) We don’t want people to get mistaken of what we are talking about so!

Battlefield 1 DOES NOT have the same acceleration as PUBG.

Battlefields sensitivity accelerates the further you push the stick, PUBG acceleration is based on timed duration. 

They handle and feel much different. 

https://www.researchgate.net/profile/Tefaruk_Haktanir/publication/274051055/figure/fig2/AS:316762701746177@1452533521054/Fig-7-A-B-and-C-bound-curves-dash-lines-of-DIN-1045-and-granulometric-curve-solid.png

What I'd like is the 'A' acceleration curve above. What PUBG feels like it's using is 'C'. And it feels truly horrid.

Better yet, I'd like a slider that adjusts the curve to anywhere on the chart. Because everybody has different 'feel''.

Note- Acceleration and sensitivity are not the same thing. Sensitivity adjusts your maximum turn speed, acceleration adjusts how it gets there.

17 hours ago, seanyne said:

Battlefields sensitivity accelerates the further you push the stick, PUBG acceleration is based on timed duration. 

I don´t know, tried putting 100 on the stick aiming acceleration on BF1, and when i´m pushing the stick 25% the aim behave just like PUBG, no matter how long time I push/holds it there. When I´m pushing the stick 100% the aim behaves much more "aggressive" on PUBG though. Maybe you´re right, I´m just telling what I´m experiencing. Seems pointless to talk about this anyway. I just want a game in 2017 without "stick aiming acceleration" or "acceleration" or "a look mechanic" or "aim acceleration". That´s why I can be a little grumpy, sorry.

Let´s just agree that we need a button to turn this off, and that I´m still gonna call this technology "aim acceleration" :o)

On 16/12/2017 at 7:45 AM, seanyne said:

You mean 'smooth and silky' vs 'bag of shite that's basically unplayable'... ?

Yeah, I get that.

It's not there .. They fixed something with hair color .. 

I can't believe they did not fix it .. it's completely unplayable and messes up my muscle memory for real competitive games 

8 hours ago, AnubisJudge said:

It's not there .. They fixed something with hair color .. 

I can't believe they did not fix it .. it's completely unplayable and messes up my muscle memory for real competitive games 

My understanding is that patches take a few weeks at MS to get approved.  I would say they knew about the things in the patch prior to launch.  I would look for changes based on our feedback to come in a patch around the middle of January at the earliest or so.  That is just my estimate with no data but they need to fix the things and then send it over to MS.

That might be true but this one has to be a basic option .. it's essential. 

They should have prioritys. This should be top 3 with the crashes and frame rate problems. If that was not included in the first place they should have added it with a hot fix , a day one patch or at least in today's patch. For many people, mostly people who are used to perform good in shooters it is unplayable 

It would be 10 minutes of work to implement a check/uncheck box in the option menu to toggle the acceleration. It is that simple .. i think they don't read forums at all 

PUBG dont believe in muscle memory, they must think its a myth or something. Look at the stupid ADS tap feature! How many of us have developed muscle memory playing gamed for years using HOLD TO ADS and then PUBG decide to try reinvent the wheel and switch it on us..

Yes but the aim acceleration is just about as stupid as it can get, would much prefer 1:1 movement with speed controls.

On 12/12/2017 at 11:30 PM, TheDogg said:

Been playing PUBG on Xbox One for 7 hours now. The controller for looting is fine (just takes time to learn), I love the freecam-option, I love how you can heal only using the D-pad, and I love that PUBG was released on Xbox - the console I´ve used since I was a little kid. 

But one thing that annoyed me while playing the game was *drumroll* aim acceleration. Probably the worst enemy to a console-player that have a built up muscle memory, both from Halo, Battlefield, Call of Duty (with 10 in sensitivity) and so on. How in the world are you gonna take out enemies under heavy fire who´s running like a snake over the Battleground, when your aim aggressively goes back and forth, left and right. How can a man know where his aim is 1 second in the future? 

The biggest issue with aim acceleration and how it destroys all kind of muscle memory, are the shots called "flick-shots" or "drag-shots". That is when you sweep your aim past your target and push the trigger just as your reticle goes by the enemy. This comes useful if you´re getting flanked, if you´re using any kind of shotgun, when moving vehicles are driving by, if two people are shooting at each other constantly changing position and so on. This works well in my first example too; when an enemy is running constantly swinging left and right and you just want to tap him in the back. The only time you won´t need muscle memory are when targets stands still 2 meters in front of you, or if you´re a guy who likes to spray and pray.  

I would say i`m an experienced console-player and the sniper have been my reliable buddy for a long time. Today the sniper wasn`t reliable at all; I adjusted my Kar98K for so long that my player in-game lost his breath (steady aim) at a target who was laying down 100 meters away from me. This got me furious.

Dear engineers of this game - make aim acceleration an option to turn on and off.

Thank you.

Picture: Had a big dinner today, and it could´ve been bigger... *hint hint*

image.png

What the hell? 23 kills and a Chicken dinner, seems like you’re doing just fine. What are you complaining about?  What are your sensitivity settings?

Doesn't help that on top of the horrid right stick aiming you have a left stick that isn't analog and only has eight directions, like a dpad or WSAD on a keyboard. So if (like most people I'd guess) you try to move around and aim at the same time, this keeps kicking your aim off as you swap jerkily between each 45deg angle.

Btw- I just won a chicken dinner too. With one kill. Which was in a car, running someone over. Don't want to play like that, but what choice is there when you've spent the best part of 17 years (since the PS2) learning how to aim with a controller, and PUBG makes it completely worthless....?

Hi ,new to the forum. Just wanted to say I couldn't agree with everything being said about problems with aiming and they need to fix ASAP.  Especially  'acceleration' problem or whatever it is. Also the tapping of the left trigger for ADS is a complete nightmare after a lifetime of holding for ADS . Please give us the option to change controls !

Yeah, I'll echo what is being said here. 

After 30 years playing exclusively with a controller, it is utterly soul destroying playing this game. I land a hit in a simple 1 v 1, let alone win any. 

I had an instance where another player and I were chasing each other with shotguns and neither of us landed any shots. He managed to jump on a motorbike and actually get away without being hit. The fact that he thought safe enough to brazenly get on the bike in front of me and drive off shoyod tell you how broken the aiming is in this game. 

Please fix it before I stop playing this otherwise brilliant game. 

Created an account just to reply to this thread. This is a HUGE issue with the game. I have hundreds of hours on PC, and I thought I would enjoy this on Xbox but the Aiming is ridiculous. It's hard to get use to it since the speed changes so much.

On 12/12/2017 at 11:30 PM, TheDogg said:

Been playing PUBG on Xbox One for 7 hours now. The controller for looting is fine (just takes time to learn), I love the freecam-option, I love how you can heal only using the D-pad, and I love that PUBG was released on Xbox - the console I´ve used since I was a little kid. 

But one thing that annoyed me while playing the game was *drumroll* aim acceleration. Probably the worst enemy to a console-player that have a built up muscle memory, both from Halo, Battlefield, Call of Duty (with 10 in sensitivity) and so on. How in the world are you gonna take out enemies under heavy fire who´s running like a snake over the Battleground, when your aim aggressively goes back and forth, left and right. How can a man know where his aim is 1 second in the future? 

The biggest issue with aim acceleration and how it destroys all kind of muscle memory, are the shots called "flick-shots" or "drag-shots". That is when you sweep your aim past your target and push the trigger just as your reticle goes by the enemy. This comes useful if you´re getting flanked, if you´re using any kind of shotgun, when moving vehicles are driving by, if two people are shooting at each other constantly changing position and so on. This works well in my first example too; when an enemy is running constantly swinging left and right and you just want to tap him in the back. The only time you won´t need muscle memory are when targets stands still 2 meters in front of you, or if you´re a guy who likes to spray and pray.  

I would say i`m an experienced console-player and the sniper have been my reliable buddy for a long time. Today the sniper wasn`t reliable at all; I adjusted my Kar98K for so long that my player in-game lost his breath (steady aim) at a target who was laying down 100 meters away from me. This got me furious.

Dear engineers of this game - make aim acceleration an option to turn on and off.

Thank you.

Picture: Had a big dinner today, and it could´ve been bigger... *hint hint*

image.png

Actually I don't understand why this was even implemented.  It's not on PC And you can see countless streamers hitting flick and drag shots.  Not CoD style but there reticles move at the same speed every time just as ours should.

the past update helped a ton but even the small amount that's still there should

be completely removed