PROkrastn8r

Reconnect Controller Bug

17 hours ago, Andymh5 said:

Hi, thanks for your reports.  If anyone is still having this issue could you please provide details on the hardware you are using e.g. headset model, controller you are using, Xbox console etc. Thanks again 

Have posted in other threads...but my controller will turn off then back on in the middle of a game, most of the time in a gun fight which results in getting killed.  New battery pack was installed and is always full charged.  Only happens on PUBG

Just happened again....stalked a player....open up on them....bang controller turns off and then back on.   I start shooting like Ray Charles and then im dead :(

I've had this issue since day 1 of the game. Doesn't matter where, when or the circumstances of the disconnect. The only fix immediately I found effective is to reset the game, which obviously can be catastrophic in game. So the only thing I recommend, which I do is make sure either that the controller is plugged in charging while playing or make sure your controller is charged before playing.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Tigerstyle1986 said:

I've had this issue since day 1 of the game. Doesn't matter where, when or the circumstances of the disconnect. The only fix immediately I found effective is to reset the game, which obviously can be catastrophic in game. So the only thing I recommend, which I do is make sure either that the controller is plugged in charging while playing or make sure your controller is charged before playing.

Ok....great to know Im not the only sad bugger with this drama

Xbox One X

standard controller

turtlebeach stealth 600 headset

my controller will disconnect either in a firefight or when I get downed and am crawling. 

Doesnt happen in other games. Doesn’t happen in menus. Doesn’t happen when I’m just running around. 

Incredibly frustrating 

• Like 1

I've been having this issue since the 2nd or 3rd update. When the game first released i had no issues. I have a volcano shadow controller with astro a10 headset.

I'm glad to know I'm not crazy, everyone just called me an idiot and told me to press A!

Edited by xXAsh3lyMari33X

Bug Description:
If the controller being played on disconnects in the middle of a match, all controls stop working in the game. I can get back to the Xbox home screen with the Xbox button and move around the dashboard, but returning to the game nothing works. I did find the disconnecting the controller's batties and reinserting fixes the issue.
Xbox One Version
Xbox One X with SSD

Connection

Xbox One X is  Wired, the controller wireless 

Game Mode

FPP - Duo (NA servers)

I have the controller disconnected issues as well.  I'm playing PubG on NA servers in TPP on solo, duo, and squads on the One X with and it happens with any controller I use.  I even just bought 2 new Xbox One S controllers and it happens on both of those as well.  It most often happens when I get downed, killed, or during intense firefights, but can occasionally happen at other random times as well.  My controller light stay on the whole time, but I get the "controller disconnected" message pop up on the screen and I have to press "A" to reconnect, but then I have no audio for 10 seconds or sometimes indefinitely after this happens.  I've tried using a controller with batteries, battery packs, using the cable with and without batteries/packs installed and none of these options has any effect.  I'd say it happens 2-3 times per hour while playing PubG on average.  Not sure if it's an Xbox software issue, a hardware (controller, adapter, headset) issues, or just a PubG software issue that's causing it.  I can't seem to isolate the issue other than the information I've included here already.  Losing the headset audio issue completely seems to come back if I reset my xbox or swap out my Turtle Beach headset adapter or the Microsoft one, and then swap them back again.  Not sure why that works, but it usually does the trick for me when the audio doesn't come back at all after getting the controller disconnected error.  I have the TB Elite Pro Headset with the TB Headset Audio Controller as well as the TB Elite Tactical Audio Adapter.  The Elite adapter rarely seems to work at all for me anymore (it's so difficult to get the audio for me when I use it, but it feels like a software issue, rather than hardware), and it's brand new.

Edited by Mjmason75

I'm having the same issues with getting the "controller disconnected" error when playing the PubG game preview on my Xbox One X.  The issue started for me about mid June (2018).  I'm using Turtle Beach Elite Pro headset and Turtle Beach Headset Audio Controller Plus.  I tried it with with Turtle Beach Elite Pro Tactical Audio Adaptor as well which seems to make the issue much worse for whatever reason.  I'm using an Xbox One S controller, which I've tried with batteries, battery packs, and wired (both with and without the batteries/pack installed and tried different wires just in case it was a bad connection), and I still have the issue.  I even bought a new Xbox One S controller, but it made no difference.  I just tried using the Microsoft Headset Adapter to see if it made any difference, but I only have 30 minutes of playing using it so far and it hasn't happened yet.  The 2 hours I just played prior with the Turtle Beach Headset Audio Controller Plus adapter, it happened 3 times.  It most often happens when I get "downed" or "killed", but can happen at other random times as well, especially when I'm in a firefight.  I wish I could figure out what's causing this error.  I'm not sure if it's PubG, Microsoft, or Turtle Beach.  I've tried to get help solving it from all of them, but no luck getting a fix yet.

I've had this bug since day one the game came out. Originally started on the OG Xbox one, now on the X One X. Anytime the controller dies disconnects from the cord I get the menu pop up on the screen, doesn't matter if it's menus or in game. Cannot dismiss the pop up no matter what. But I'm still in control in the game i e: I can still move around access in-game menus but the pop-up is still on screen and does not disappear unless I restart the game by closing it out and restarting. Everything I have ever done to try and get rid of it has not worked and the only workaround I have found is to make sure that my controller is charged before I start playing.

On 3/24/2018 at 7:07 AM, monkeyking118 said:

Happening to me every game over the last week.... but only in a firefight.

Controller works fine all game until that crucial point when I meet another player. 

Tried testing in the lobby and it all seems fine, then same thing happens in game. 

I've stopped playing for now... very close to breaking my controller for real!

I'm having this same issue as well, it only happens when there is a lot going on in the game, like when I'm shooting and/or getting shot at.  You know, the crucial moment when you need your controller the most.  It's not because I'm squeezing it too hard because I can mash the controller, jiggle the cable, twist it, etc and it never disconnects doing that.  It only happens during intense moments in PubG.  I've tried new batteries/packs, I've tried using hardware with controller to xbox, I've purchase 2 new xbox controllers and none of it makes any difference.  I'm also using the Turtle Beach Headset adapter and Turtle Beach Elite Pro Headset and I'm playing on an Xbox One X that's in the Insider Program (formerly the Xbox Preview Program).  Sometimes it happens several times per hour and it drives me nuts when I get killed because of this issue.  I'm going to turn off the vibration function and see if that helps!

Edited by Mjmason75
added more content