PROkrastn8r

Reconnect Controller Bug

If Xbox controller disconnects for any reason the PUBG in-game dialogue pop-up appears asking you to reconnect and provides an “OK” button. After the controller reconnects and becomes usable again any controller input only affects the screen behind the pop-up dialogue box. You cannot dismiss that dialogue no matter which button you press. Only quoting the game from the dashboard and restarting removes it.

I’ve only experienced on the main menu this far. Please confirm if you’ve experienced in game. 

Please fix!

• Like 2

UPDATE:

I had the reconnect controller dialogue appear during match and I was able to successfully dismiss it so it may be a bug localized to the main menu system. 

If you hop into a menu and back into the game it does this for whatever reason, but if that prompt won’t go away as you are controlling the screen behind it just turn of f your controller and turn it back on/ make sure your cable is plugged in right that usually fixes that problem

Just installed and unable to play because of this error. I’ve tried with an elite controller and the standard white s controller..

I get this error almost every time I restart the game or open the guide, I suspect it might be due to another usb device ie Kinect adaptor or hard drive as controller is wireless elite and has never disconnected, evidenced by th fact it always clears the message with a button press.

I had the same bug both on the main menu and ingame and can confirm that when this happens in the main menu the daily box will not disappear. However, ingame it works perfectly fine and you can close out by pressing ‘A’

I get this error while using the Xbox app on my phone when playing PUBG. When my app closes or disconnects, it causes the controller disconnected message to pop in game. 

Happening to me every game over the last week.... but only in a firefight.

Controller works fine all game until that crucial point when I meet another player. 

Tried testing in the lobby and it all seems fine, then same thing happens in game. 

I've stopped playing for now... very close to breaking my controller for real!

• Like 1

I am literally plagued with this happening about 8 times a game and its getting on my nerves. Swapping controllers makes zero difference and I've deleted and re-downloaded the game which also makes no difference. I'm out of ideas.

I've moved the game to an external HDD from internal

Swapped pads

Nothing. Nobody I know gets this but it seems to highly affect my Xbox One X and won't go away. Tonight it's gotten worse, now it doesn't go away by clicking B it remains until I bring up the menu and get rid of it again then I regain control to lose the message otherwise its stuck on screen

I bought a 10' micro USB cable and plugged my controller into the console 24/7.

Fixed the issue for me. But then, I'm essentially running a wired controller now. So there's that.

Only happens to me occasionally so I can't really comment about being plagued by it. But yeah it does get seriously annoying when it happens. Hopefully the PUBG development team will be able to fix it. Just be patient guys. The PUBG team are probably overwhelmed by the amount of feedback we give. They need to prioritize certain things.

Happens to me both when playing on cable or wireless, seems to get worse when game is ending, i cant play at all without losing my mind... I wonder if i really have any issues with my console and/or controller :(

On 12/13/2017 at 1:04 PM, Zinswin said:

I've experienced this on the main menu. Still can't play because of this. I'm using an Elite controller.

I have just recently started thisa problem as of May 13th 2018, it started as soon as I installed my RIG400LX headset. Any thoughts, insights or troubleshoots?

Hi, thanks for your reports.  If anyone is still having this issue could you please provide details on the hardware you are using e.g. headset model, controller you are using, Xbox console etc. Thanks again 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Andymh5 said:

Hi, thanks for your reports.  If anyone is still having this issue could you please provide details on the hardware you are using e.g. headset model, controller you are using, Xbox console etc. Thanks again 

Hi Andymh5 - 

i continue to have this issue, 8/10 times a day playing PUBG. Both using different headsets and controllers etc. Headsets I use are the Turtlebeach X11/ Turtlebeach X50’s while using a standard Xbox one controller.