Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

YourMommysSon

Too big Stick Deadzone

In the game Settings, you can choose a Deadzone from 0 to 100, however, even when you put it at 0, there is still a noticeable Deadzone. I want it to be smaller so it's perfect for my XB1 Elite controller. It seems like this game is built for the 360 controller, because the stick on a 360 controller are much looser and may fit this game's settings, however, an Xbox One controller (or at least the newest controllers) has much firmer sticks and should have a smaller a deadzone than what this game can provide right now. 0 isn't really 0. 0 in this game is like 15 in Battlefield 1.

No, it has nothing to do with input lag or performance, but it will feel more sluggish and be harder to aim accurately if the deadzone is too big (or too small) for your stick, unfortunately 0 is not 0 in this game, so the game is preventing us from finding a small enough deadzone for many controllers. 0 in this game is like 15 in Battlefield 1, and in Battlefield 1, 9 is perfect for my Elite controller, and 4 is perfect for my Xbox One S controller (no aim drift), so it's impossible to get a perfect deadzone for a lot of controllers in PUBG because it can't go lower than the equivalent of 15 in Battlefield 1.

Don't know what has happened, but it seems like deadzones are fixed now. When I have it at 0 now, there's no deadzone at all, so now I found a perfect deadzone for my controller at around 7. I wonder if it was just a bug when I tested it last time, or if it has been a server update or something that fixed it.

Yeah I found the bug. Every match, you have to go into the settings for the deadzone to apply in-game. If you start a new game and haven't gone into the settings, the deadzone will be at default or higher than default. The deadzone setting will always say the same value as what you set it on, but it will not apply in-game before you go into the settings for each game you play.

Is it normal for 0 deadzone on my elite controller to be aiming down on its own I have to play on 8 for it to not move , just wondering as rb6 0 deadzone was fine either this game has wacky settings or I need a new controller

On 19/12/2017 at 6:38 AM, Vamptik said:

Is it normal for 0 deadzone on my elite controller to be aiming down on its own I have to play on 8 for it to not move , just wondering as rb6 0 deadzone was fine either this game has wacky settings or I need a new controller

It happens. That's why they have dead zones. Mine wobbles until 4.