cabbageflaps

Inventory cut off and FOV issues at 4:3 and 5:4 resolution

1 minute ago, Deamiz said:

fix inventory in resolution 1280*1024!!! WTF ANOTHER 3 WEEKS WITHOUT GAME??

its not just inventory. its the 1st and 3rd person fov which got lowered so far the game is horrible to play.

but yeah. nice to see no fix for both issues.

• Like 1

why has my thread been renamed and merged with a thread about a seperate issue ? this thread is not about the inventory screen being cut off which appeared a patch later, its about the FOV being too low on 5:4 resolutions making the game too zoomed in and the thread title does not reflect that.

• Like 1

really shitty that you dont rollback the patch that broke the game for us, and to top it up you dont even wanna communicate why you did this.

• Like 1

Here is temporary "solution" for this bug, at least this can make game playable:

1) Go to folder %APPDATA%\Local\TslGame\Saved\Config\WindowsNoEditor 

2) Open file GameUserSettings.ini 

3) Find this text:

ResolutionSizeX=XXX 
ResolutionSizeY=XXX 
LastUserConfirmedResolutionSizeX=XXX 
LastUserConfirmedResolutionSizeY=XXX 

Instead of "XXX" write resolution (for example 1280x720, IMPORTANT - aspect ratio should be 16:9, else inventory still looks messed up)

4) Save file, then right-click -> Properties -> check "Read-only" flag

5) Launch the game, open settings, and try to change several times between fullscreen/windowed/fullscreen (windowed) modes.

10 hours ago, Backspace696 said:

Here temporary "solution" to this error, at least, it can be fun and can be played:

1) Navigate to the folder% AppData% \ Local \ TslGame \ Saved \ Config \ WindowsNoEditor 

2) Open the file GameUserSettings.ini 

3) Find this text:

= XXX ResolutionSizeX 
ResolutionSizeY = XXX 
LastUserConfirmedResolutionSizeX = XXX 
LastUserConfirmedResolutionSizeY = XXX 

Instead of recording resolution «XXX» (e.g., 1280x720, IMPORTANT - aspect ratio should be 16: 9, otherwise inventory still looks messed)

4) Save the file, and then right-click -> Properties -> check "read-only" flag

5) Start the game, go to settings, and try to change a few times between full-screen / window / full-screen mode (a window).

I do not like! 

5 hours ago, ☜ ☆ ☞ DogeR ☜ ☆ ☞ said:

not at all

Hey,

Since the patch 2 weeks ago, 4:3 (or 5:4) aspect ratio is only showing half the inventory, making it impossible to swap scopes, mags, etc.

Please fix this when you can.

Thanks in advance.

so i found abit of a fix for this issue yesterday and it was to hit alt + enter to window mode the game, letterboxed with part of the desktop showing at the top and bottom which restored the normal FOV. TODAY i try it and the game wont switch to window mode any more. can someone else try it please.

Hi, made an account just to let you guys know that, while this is a bullsh*t bug and a rollback should of happened, there is a temporary fix. While the fix is not convenient, atleast you can play competitively on par with other players. If you run the game in windowed 1280x800, you will regain full UI and FOV functionality. Like I said, not the most optimal as the play area will be a decent amount smaller than you are used to, but it is better than being cheated out of kills/wins.

Bug Description:
Inventory and FOV bug at 5:4 resolution (1280x1024)

Date Seen:
28/04/17

Server: 
On all servers.

Troubleshooting Attempted:
If I change to Full Screen (Windowed) and then back to Full Screen the bug is fixed.

Other Information:
-

Launch Options:
None.

System Specifications:
Operating System: Windows 10 Creators Update x64
Graphics Card: AMD Radeon R9 280 3GB
CPU: Intel i5 4460
Ram: 8GB DDR3

Finally i am not alone. But its a joke that they need weeks to fix this....if they fix this. First game in my life without 4:3 support. Good Job.

4 hours ago, esy said:

Finally i am not alone. But its a joke that they need weeks to fix this....if they fix this. First game in my life without 4:3 support. Good Job.

Hmm, I agree with the ridiculousness of the long term bug and lack of fix. But, there are a few games, even new one's which are released without 4:3 support which is ridiculous since 4:3 is still a popular format, which most people would disagree. Example of this is, Overwatch doesn't have 4:3 support.

Hmmm so still no update or fix for this ??? ...4 pages already with no help from staff I give up...

I'm HONESTLY SHOCKED this thread is still even here and a forum moderator did not delete the thread and give you all bad karma like they have to me in the past LOL

like seriously what a bunch of bullshit...

How long will it be before we can even play this $30 alpha again...

I'm seriously starting to think they do not give a fuck...

7 hours ago, mrwhispers said:

Hmmm so still no update or fix for this ??? ...4 pages already with no help from staff I give up...

I'm HONESTLY SHOCKED this thread is still even here and a forum moderator did not delete the thread and give you all bad karma like they have to me in the past LOL

like seriously what a bunch of bullshit...

How long will it be before we can even play this $30 alpha again...

I'm seriously starting to think they do not give a fuck...

they changed my thread title too. so other people with the same problem dont realise this thread was made because the fov is far too low. the inventory bug is a seperate issue, cause it wasnt cut off untill a patch later.

My PC:

CPU: AMD Phenom II XT1055 2.8Ghz

GPU: Zotac GT630 2Gb

RAM: 8Gb Kingstom

HD: Seagate Barracuda 1Tb

After the Month Update 1 my UI is overflowing the monitor like those images: 

20170430221223_1.jpg

20170430225423_1.jpg

Edited by 1ZeeN

Bug Description:
Right side of the inventory is cut off.

Date Seen:

Server: 
regular server

Troubleshooting Attempted:
tried to go through ini files, change resolution, nothing helps.

Other Information:
I play with 4:3 monitor (resolution 1280x1024). Problem appeared since new patch.

Launch Options:
-sm4 -malloc=system -USEALLAVAILABLECORES

System Specifications:

Operating System: Windows 10 64-bit Creative Build
Graphics Card:Amd r9 280 XFX 3gb
CPU: Amd Phenom II x4 965 3.4 ghz
Ram: DDR3 8GB

After the Month Update 1 my UI is overflowing the monitor, this need a fix ASAP :(

20170502004731_1.jpg

This happens every game I play, I don't know how to fixed, I've reset de config, uninstalled the game, installed again and the bug continues

18157940_451410335193494_2767532406816423326_n.jpg

Just got a message saying this thread is not about the inventory bug. Oh, I forgot how to read apparently "

Inventory cut off and FOV issues at 4:3 and 5:4 resolution"

53 minutes ago, Xyfy said:

Just got a message saying this thread is not about the inventory bug. Oh, I forgot how to read apparently "

Inventory cut off and FOV issues at 4:3 and 5:4 resolution"

it was originally about the fov and later on had the inventory thread merged with it and left with an incorrect thread title, which admin has now edited.